Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: echo park fishery?

Quote Originally Posted by The Walking Trout View Post
    So I went to check it out and didn't fish. It felt uncool with all the ladies in their yoga pants walking around. I left the rods and the vest in the car and walked around. Saw a guy dumping a bucket of stuff into the lake... Caught up to the guy and he said it was from Hollenbeck after I asked him where he got the fish from. I went back to walking and hanging out under a tree... Wow. Beautiful people.
    So the hipsters are a pacifist AND beautiful bunch?

2. Default

Awww, we thought you were going to show the ladies how long your rod is..... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish View Post
    Awww, we thought you were going to show the ladies how long your rod is..... LOL
    I left my short pole in the car. I'm sure they saw my long one as I was staring at them in their yoga pants!

I tried to get a double hook up but even struck out with one. Skunked with the ladies!

Last time I fished Echo Park Lake was around 1974. Used to flip and drag a tiny home made white crappie fly with bug eyes and land 6-10 crappie in an afternoon.
    Not sure if they're still there 41 years later. The people watching was interesting back then too.

They drained the lake couple years back I was there working the project I am not joking it was no more than 2-3' deep all the way across the lake the mud build up was horrible a lot of beer bottles, cellphones, beepers, needles. I just checked dfg and they are stocking the lake with trout this year

Good...the bass need something more substantial than mosquitofish. I think everyone should supplement the lake with whatever they can...castaic bass...tilapia, bluegill, crawdads, maybe even shad ....get the forage chain going to get those bad boys nice and fattt(er) then we can all start fishing them with intelligentsia flavored senkos...
    Last edited by Frankenfish; 11-05-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenfish View Post
    Good...the bass need something more substantial than mosquitofish. I think everyone should supplement the lake with whatever they can...castaic bass...tilapia, bluegill, crawdads, maybe even shad ....get the forage chain going to get those bad boys nice and fattt(er) then we can all start fishing them with intelligentsia flavored senkos...
    Also dip those senkos in plazzo gelato and fish while eating a big *** burrito from the Burrito King!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12