Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Friday the 26th sept

Default Friday the 26th sept

Ok in my mind out there last Friday was perfect day for me, the water was 78 degrees the sky was deep blue with those great big white clouds , and there was a pleasent stillness to the picture.
    Now looking into the fishing part, there were more men fishing on the bank that I have ever seen, there must have been at least twenty men and women on the bank, all having a fun time,
    There were soooo many minnows in the water in the shallows up to the small wave hitting the bank, out at twenty feet there was all kinds of bait swimming out there and bass chasing them and really kicking up the water all over the place and there were those little birds on the water about to many to count, I got a couple hits draging threw the feeding fish, , good hits.
    about four boats out there getting a fish or two, but there was two many bait fish in the water.

Ok thay is it , have fun going out there

TED

Thanks for the recap on the Trip Ted , sounds like a beautiful day on the water . Don't be discouraged about the bait fish the fishing is only going to keep getting better and better each day . when you see them fish busting up them bait fish you need to make sure your ready with the top water lure like a Rebel Pop R , you can tie that onto a spinning outfit and have a ball with it .

WES

I agreed, it was beautiful out there this weekend, Ted! I took out 9yo daughter out a Saturday afternoon/evening and our 6yo son out all day Sunday. What gorgeous weather and those clouds and the breeze made it quite pleasant.

Definitely don't let the schools of baitfish deter you. Capitalize on those little suckers! I had my kids on the Zoom "Tiny Flukes" in a silver shad and also watermelon seed colors. Small hook through the nose and a tiny split shot so they could fling them out there and they caught dozens of little largemouth bass and even a couple of large bluegill.

I picked up some on the drop shot near the dam while thr kids were doing their thing and then found the crank bait bite again in the grass for a few really nice LMB. It was a great weekend. I had to go to work today just to recover, lol.

Joe

Thanks guys for the reply, yes it was nice out ther, I wanted to go today but wife needed me and the SUV to go get a shower door , so maybe thu or fri

Thanks guys talk later

TED

Hey it is Tuesday, went to the lake this morning, the lake was like a sheet of glass, once in a while there was a little wind
    There again were a FEW men fishing some small boats in the water today, but mostly it was a day of talking, all the guys were talking instead of fishing, now that is not good, the water temp was 74 degrees, seems to be droping a bit, well it is Oct tomorrow, out with the wadders again Ok that is all
    TED

Interesting Ted that the water dropped in surface temp that quick , just 4 days ago it was still 78 early AM and 81 in the afternoon . My tube took a Dump and I am in the process of replacing it so ATM I am stuck .. Dangit !

WES

Yes Wes it was 74 degrees, but as I travel around the lake I can feel different temp on my lege, there is one spot where the water feels real cool, but winter is coming and it will be wader time , I may bank fish a few times this winter, it has been so long that I have done that, hot coffee, my hand radio HT, and just relax

Ted