Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any new info on the lake's possible closure?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    It will only be tin boats launching as a duel axle trailer with a 200+hp motor will not be able to be pulled out unless you have a four wheel drive tow rig. Add to the fact that it will also be a shallow angle launch and retrieve as opposed to the angle on the paved ramp and doubtful that most if any tournament style bass boat would be able to launch or retrieve.
    DEVOREFLYER,

I wondered about that too...how far will you have to back into the water to launch a boat with a slightly sloping shore line. I am not worry about pulling out, as I have a 4 wheel drive Tundra; but it would sink like a rock if you have to back way out in a soft muddy bottom!

While at a Warrior event at Vail Lake last year my trailer (boat, motor and trailer over 3000lbs) was off the paved ramp but my truck was still on the pave ramp and it was a SOB with tires spinning on the wet paved ramp and only two wheel drive but got it out. I doubt that AAA would pick up the tow bill to retrieve my truck and boat if I could not pull it out.

I guess this is where the benefit of towing with a 4wd and owning an 18' tin Ranger is a nice thing. Bring on the shore launching!!

If it happens tin boats will RULE.

The problem is with too women and teenagers taking longgggggggggg showers. This has to stop or DVL and Perris will become mudholes.

Couple Rangers told me today they're pretty confident Ramp 6 is long enough to be used throughout the process.

Quote Originally Posted by QB7940 View Post
    Couple Rangers told me today they're pretty confident Ramp 6 is long enough to be used throughout the process.
    That would be great news if it turns out to be true!

I heard from one of the top people at the lake that they didn't think the lake would close... The level shouldn't be going down below the ramp...so we should be good.. fingers crossed... BECAUSE THE BITE IS REALLLLLY good.

Pete

Can't wait - drop it - no more skiers or jet skis!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123