Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5000 pounds of alpers.

Default 5000 pounds of alpers.

I HEARD FROM THE LOCAL FISHERMEN FROM MAMMOTH THAT LAKE MARY
    WILL BE STOCKED WITH 5000 POUNDS OF ALPERS BY END OF OCTOBER ??
    WHAT DO YOU THINK???
    SNOW OR SHINE I'LL BE THERE !
    TROUT MASTERS

i know they stocked alpers in all the mammoth lake basin thursday, oct 30. i dont know a definite price tag but5000 pounds of Alpers must cost between $10-20k. not sure where the money would come from.

I don't know dude that sounds like a bit to much. I could be wrong but I have had people tell me some tall tails before. I'll hit a buddy up that lives up in mammoth he works for the city and he might know.

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    i don't know dude that sounds like a bit to much. I could be wrong but i have had people tell me some tall tails before. I'll hit a buddy up that lives up in mammoth he works for the city and he might know.
    thanks for your info,it did sound too good to be true,but those old timers dont bs.
    I dont know? I realy want to go up to mammoth before season ends and almost lost my sleep over it .

"Old timers don't bs" is probably the biggest bs I ever read on this board.

That's one funny line there TM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    "Old timers don't bs" is probably the biggest bs I ever read on this board.

That's one funny line there TM.
    I guess only way to find out,to go up there and try it
    and the guy that told me,his an old friend of my customer that lived in mammoth for last 8 to 10 years.

try to call ricks up in mammoth

They probably meant by the end of October the total stocked for the season, or a couple months, will be 5,000 pounds.

Sorry to kill everyone's false hopes, but it's better to know than to get exicted for nothing...I mean comon man, it's Mammoth.....not a town that takes fishing seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by eat sleep fish View Post
    they probably meant by the end of october the total stocked for the season, or a couple months, will be 5,000 pounds.

Sorry to kill everyone's false hopes, but it's better to know than to get exicted for nothing...i mean comon man, it's mammoth.....not a town that takes fishing seriously.
    Well,i'll let you guys know
    Good luck!
    Trout masters !!!

I heard it was just one 5,000 pound trout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast