Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mammoth trip august 15-18 (need advice please!)

if u wanna big hike u can go up to treasure lakes and get these bad boys! but its one hell of a hike... about 11500ft.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golden 2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	44758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golden.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	44759

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    Dont know where you are staying but saddlebag lake and the lakes up behind it are pretty cool. Super high elevation but pretty easy hiking and im a smoker and I can handle it. You can take the ferry to the back side of the lake and hike the back country from there. If you've never been there its worth a days hiking around
    We are staying at the mammoth village? the resort? I've never stayed there, usually get a condo or stay at our family house in tahoe. Is saddle bag up the pass?

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    if u wanna big hike u can go up to treasure lakes and get these bad boys! but its one hell of a hike... about 11500ft.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golden 2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	44758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golden.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	44759
    Where is this? :D Dude, I've caught almost every singe species of trout but golden!

treasure lakes... made a mistake about the 11500 its actually 12500ft elevation.. proly a 6hr hike or so.. def not easy.. and the last leg of the hike is seriously dangerous climbing up the rock terrace..

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    treasure lakes... made a mistake about the 11500 its actually 12500ft elevation.. proly a 6hr hike or so.. def not easy.. and the last leg of the hike is seriously dangerous climbing up the rock terrace..
    That might be too gnarly for my lady haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123