Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The SpaceX spectacle.

Default The SpaceX spectacle.

Did ya see it in the sky last night ? Pretty cool looking I took these pics from my Riverside front yard. At first I thought North Korea's Kim Jong Un had something to do with it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_6636.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	50569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_6637.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	50570
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 12-23-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Vandenberg launches are always fun to watch. I was really impressed at how far downrange the second stage remained visible, which was a lot longer than any non-SpaceX launch I've ever seen. I don't have the downrange photo available, but it was quite visible and moving fast even at 5 degrees above the southern horizon (I would have stayed out longer but I was in the middle of cooking an early Christmas dinner ).

Yeah it was pretty cool,kinda of funny to see the response of many who couldn’t figure it out,my neighbor thought it was an airplane coming apart.

Cya Tuna Vic

I saw it too coming back from Lake Wohlford. (I didn't know what it was either) So I told my friend who was with me, "it was a UFO and must have been some kind of space ship." I wasn't that far off!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-24-2017 at 07:51 AM.

It happened to coincide with intermission during a show at Dodger Stadium and many people thought it was part of the show.

People were in awe. It reminded me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    It happened to coincide with intermission during a show at Dodger Stadium and many people thought it was part of the show.

People were in awe. It reminded me of this:

Hey, it was 'Dodger' stadium. Of course it reminded you of that....lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Hey, it was 'Dodger' stadium. Of course it reminded you of that....lmao
    A Cirque du Soleil crowd is vastly different than the regular crew of knuckle heads that assemble at the ravine during the season. I can only imagine if the left field pavilion bought tickets to be under the blue and yellow big top, asking the usher which acrobat is from the visiting team so they can boo them during their performance, and in what inning they stopped serving booze.

So, it was rather interesting seeing individuals who were at one moment talking about about the aggressiveness of their ETFs and their 401k's liquidity, then turning around and saying, "Oooooh! Aliens!" while pointing at the sky.

Then debating with their buddy whether it was aliens or the northern lights.

"We're a long ways from Scandinavia, sir."

I'm more excited on the payload that came outta Cape Canaveral recently. So secretive, Space X cancelled the live stream?

I'm more excited on the payload that came outta Cape Canaveral recently. So secretive, Space X cancelled the live stream?

http://www.newsweek.com/spacex-falco...ma-lost-775069

"Elon Musk’s SpaceX finally launched its mysterious Zuma satellite on Sunday from Cape Canaveral, Florida. To viewers of the live stream, the launch seemed like a success. The Falcon 9 rocket carrying Zuma blasted off and appeared to shed “stage one,” as planned.

However, cameras did not follow stage two of the rocket, and reports suggest Zuma may not have reached its final orbit."

http://www.newsweek.com/spacex-falco...ma-lost-775069

"Elon Musk’s SpaceX finally launched its mysterious Zuma satellite on Sunday from Cape Canaveral, Florida. To viewers of the live stream, the launch seemed like a success. The Falcon 9 rocket carrying Zuma blasted off and appeared to shed “stage one,” as planned.

However, cameras did not follow stage two of the rocket, and reports suggest Zuma may not have reached its final orbit."
    Reported to have failed and into the Pacific with a top secret satellite attached. I wonder who all is looking for that thing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Reported to have failed and into the Pacific with a top secret satellite attached. I wonder who all is looking for that thing right now?
    I think you mean the Atlantic. Payload was launched from Cape Canaveral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast