Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: Who will win the N.L West?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dodgers

20 62.50%
  • giants

3 9.38%
  • padres

3 9.38%
  • rockies

4 12.50%
  • diamondbacks

2 6.25%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Dodger thread and poll

Last night's game was un-frigging-forgivable.

For all you Dodger Lap-doggy fans, let me explain something. Because of where I live, I have to pay for the privilege of watching my home-team. That makes me more than a fan - it makes me a paying customer. And as a paying customer, I will voice my dissatisfaction when there is a problem with the product.

Unless we witness a comeback usually seen in movies, this season is done. Will that stop me from catching every game I can? Of course not - I'm a closet masochist that bleeds Dodger Blue. Witnessing Belisario balk by faking to third with no one on base is the stuff of dreams. Watching Broxton blow his FIFTH save is like doing penance for all my past sins. Enduring the Dodgers as they give up a 7-run lead, then seeing my wife roll her eyes while she mutters "Are you surprised?" for the umpteenth time warms my heart.

Fair-weather fan? Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Last night's game was un-frigging-forgivable.

For all you Dodger Lap-doggy fans, let me explain something. Because of where I live, I have to pay for the privilege of watching my home-team. That makes me more than a fan - it makes me a paying customer. And as a paying customer, I will voice my dissatisfaction when there is a problem with the product.

Unless we witness a comeback usually seen in movies, this season is done. Will that stop me from catching every game I can? Of course not - I'm a closet masochist that bleeds Dodger Blue. Witnessing Belisario balk by faking to third with no one on base is the stuff of dreams. Watching Broxton blow his FIFTH save is like doing penance for all my past sins. Enduring the Dodgers as they give up a 7-run lead, then seeing my wife roll her eyes while she mutters "Are you surprised?" for the umpteenth time warms my heart.

Fair-weather fan? Get over yourself.
    Nice rant, but if you don't support Bellisario trying to pick off The Invisible Man off third, nor Broxton walking the bases loaded in the 9th, then you're a fair weather fan.

Go buy some Bigelow tea, because if you're buying Lipton, ur not supporting your team.

It's more fun hearing Vin forget the pitch count than watching the Blue losers.

But at least dear old Vin knows where the plate is ..

I'm sadly addicted to the MLB channel this year

From ESPN

Kuo has temporarily replaced Jonathan Broxton as the Dodgers' closer, the LA Times' Dylan Hernandez reports.
    Spin:
    He won't be available in that role on Friday night, however, so look for Octavio Dotel to take the ball in the ninth inning if a save situation arises for the Dodgers.

its about time lets hope its not to late
    Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    From ESPN

Kuo has temporarily replaced Jonathan Broxton as the Dodgers' closer, the LA Times' Dylan Hernandez reports.
    Spin:
    He won't be available in that role on Friday night, however, so look for Octavio Dotel to take the ball in the ninth inning if a save situation arises for the Dodgers.

And another brilliant performance by the Boys in Blue.

Next time we'll ask Kuroda to throw a perfect game.

And does Joe Torre realize you CAN sacrifice bunt in the National League? Or is he still waiting for Derek Jeter to step up to the batter's box?

Antacid sales have to be on the rise here in So Cal....

TD

Dodgers Are Fleecing Themselves on Elysian Park Rent

Here's how it works: in 2006, Frank McCourt divided the stadium land into three parcels and set up a company called Blue Land to own two of the parcels (parking lots), which now serve as collateral on a $60 million loan. So the Dodgers pay rent on the parking lot land to Blue Land.

Don't worry, though, they haven't been actually paying themselves such outrageous rents--they only paid about $5.5 million in 2008 and $6 million in 2009, about enough to pay the debt on the loan. What's left over, deducted from team revenue but not actually paid to Blue Land, has come to about $24 million. Jamie's lawyer is saying that money could go to Frank, unchecked by the divorce court.
    To quote Lou Brown: "That's a hell of an idea."

I am going to create Quagga Enterprises (QE). I am going to sell QE my driveway and have them take out a loan using my driveway as collateral. QE will then charge me rent for using the driveway. QE will charge me $100 a month to use my driveway, but I am only going to give them $50 to cover the monthly payment on the loan. I am going to use the other $50 to buy Dodger tickets.

Excuse me, ticket - singular.

dodgers.... Dont make me laugh lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    dodgers.... Dont make me laugh LOL
    Indeed ........

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast