Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Trolltoon: Saturday Night at the Vine

Default Team Trolltoon: Saturday Night at the Vine

Trolly and I had been talking all week about getting out to the Vine to toss some bait out and wait in hopes that one of Irvine's Titan catfish decides to give one of us a run for our money.

Trolly rolled up at my place around 5:00pm. We loaded the gear and headed for the lake. Usually we'll stop on the way to get something to eat during the night but last few times out we've discovered that Roger's Cafe inside the tackle shop cooks up a real good Asada Burrito. So, there's no need to stop anywhere for food but Rogers!

We were on the water and anchored by 7:00pm. Just before sunset Hitts On and Family stopped by to say hello as they were on their way to an area that has been producing for him. It was cool to see you Hitts and thumbs up to you for taking the kids out for a night of catfishing.
    Rooster gave us a call on his way to the pier to make bait for next weekends King of Cats qualifier and kept in touch with us throughout the night for updates. Troutdog kept in touch throughout the night for reports and it was cool to hear about Thursday nights twilight trip with his daughter. Your a Good Dad Aaron!

As for the fishing, Trolly made a prediction when we were getting our lines in the water that our first bite tonight would come at 8:30pm. Well, I'd say he was pretty close because I got my first fish at 8:27. He missed it by three minutes!
    We ended up the night with four good quality, hard fighting, fish. Most important to me, I had another memorable night of fishing with my Good Friend. Thanks again Trolly!

Yes its great hearing Trolly screaming across the lake at night knowing you guys got a big one,or lost a big one lmao! I'll see you guys in gear next Saturday my long time friend. And be ready for Aug 23rd for the Dana Rea Memorial event ! More great eatting to come ! Great report and thanks for sharing !

Great times buddy as always.very peaceful night calm water and no bright moon above us.nice to see hits and crew slaying.cant wait for the next qualifier--hope there are no more cat fish stocking.the lake has too many cats already.well back to the pier to make bait.sea u later.

Those are some sweet looking Cats for Team Trolltoon.
    Great report and thanks for keeping me up to date on the bites.
    Can not wait to see you guys this weekend.

Nice going, Team Trolltoon strikes again! Thanks for the evening updates and the kind words, can't wait to get out there this weekend!

See you at the lake....

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 07-28-2014 at 01:27 PM.

WTG Team TROLLTOON,,,,,,,,,,,,,You two gell like the bako boys,,,,,love your reports,,THANKS

TRAIL BLAZER

T-t-t................slays again......................

Team Trolltoon slaying the kitties again at the Vine! Nice job my friends. Congrats on another great night at the Vine!

Wow those are some nice fish, seeing this is making me anxious to get out there. Glad you guys had success out there, i plan to go out there for my first time next month, does anyone know if you can use rental boats at night there?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Wow those are some nice fish, seeing this is making me anxious to get out there. Glad you guys had success out there, i plan to go out there for my first time next month, does anyone know if you can use rental boats at night there?
    Yes you can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast