Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: End of Vacation Mini-Slay

Default End of Vacation Mini-Slay

After getting home at 2am (after being stranded at LAX by a major LA airport shuttle service... name withheld for now while they come to their senses about how they treated a good customer) from our vacation back east to visit family, Lulu woke me up at 6 and said, "want to go fishing?" I said sure. we also invited the son of one of her best friends, who is really shown some big fishing interest. We didn't get to the lake very early and I had a mixed plan to troll and bait. Despite having some good bait, we got enough action on the troll and some really good marks at times to keep at the trolling. we didn't have too long to fish as Lawrence had to catch a plane back to SF later on, but we whacked 10 schoolie stripers in a few hours of trolling.
    It was not a big slay, but Lawrence looked like we won the lottery with our booty of 10 stripers. His parents were thrilled and we had a great time.
    To quote my very matter of fact Uncle Joe who I visited in WV this week... "Fishin' needs to be fun" Today it was. I forget just how much an ordinary take can thrill a newbie. He is already talking about us going salmon fishing up in the SF area.

DMS

Last edited by DMS; 07-27-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Nice catch! He looks really happy.

We early are spoiled by big catches. That's a nice looking stringer.

Its about time you quit havin fun and get back to work.............

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Its about time you quit havin fun and get back to work.............
    Hey now! You should see the emails from last week needing me to figure something out. I am going to have a tough week catching up. But, on the bright side... I'm going to see Boston at the Forum on Tuesday! :)

Bob, we were up in the National Forest up on the Cranberry, Cherry, and Williams River part of last week. The fishing this time of year is bad and it is too dry right now, so I missed out on enjoying that wonderful trout fishing, but we are going back. It was great seeing my uncles that really (along with dad) taught me the finer points of fishin'. The game reserve we toured had all the local wild animals and the pair of mountain lions were amazing. The male was over 200#. I am really glad there was a fence.

That's a nice bunch of fish for a few hours trolling...it's great seeing that catch through your young friend's eyes...all it takes is one day of skunking and a stringer like that looks huge to me too...