Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2nd Time at the Duct - Bako Boy Guide Service Saves Day!

Default 2nd Time at the Duct - Bako Boy Guide Service Saves Day!

Got a wild hair and decided to make the 1-1/2 hr drive to the Bako Duct after work yesterday.

Texted Cutbait n DK (the only FNN phone #s I have) letting them know I was headed out there in case they were gonna be out too.

DK was invading waters further north. Cutbait was busy too. Said I should given a heads up and he could have made time to show me around. Oh we'll... Last minute trip so I figured it was gonna be a DIY trip anyway. Google would be my guide.

But Cutbait was having none of that... He couldn't get out there with me but he guided my trip through texts and phone calls. Thanks my friend... Without your help I would have spent less time fishing and more time searching for spots on my phone.

Now for the fishing... Half of the spots had bait n waiters sitting on them. That's Saturday fishing. I think i spent too much time in some unproductive spots so I didn't make to every spot that CB had laid out. I'll have to learn duct time management.

I ended up with 3 landed, 1 farmed and a few short strikes in about 5 hrs of fishing. All caught on flukes and all released. One may have been a keeper.

Saw one bait n waiter farm a nice catfish. Other than that, bait n waiters had no action or fish in hand that I saw.

I knew it would be in the triple giggets ( a TB reference ) but I underestimated how the temps would affect me. Good thing I had a lot of water.

First fish inhaled the fluke. You can barely see the bait still in his mouth.

Fish #2

Third fish came out of a bait grate where CB told me I would get a fish or two. When I hooked this guy a few others scattered and that was it for that spot.

Thanks again to the Bako Boy Guide Service!

Nice job MHF... When you get that wild hair... you gotta do what you've gotta do.
    Lmao @ triple giggets!!! That's funny, & spot on.

Thanks for the report MHF. Nothing like that Bako Boy virtual guide service.

FWD

Very nice MHF!

Glad ya got on a slay!.... I've never seen the catfish biting like they have been lately.

Were you able to find the local Dodger station last night and listen to Kershaw shut down those "unspeakable"

I lol'd at triple gigget...

103? Pssh

Jake Peavy?

Lmao lmao lmao

Lol,,,,,,,,,,,go ahead guys,,,laugh it up,,,lol

wtg mh f,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Nice job MHF... When you get that wild hair... you gotta do what you've gotta do.
    Lmao @ triple giggets!!! That's funny, & spot on.
    Thanks 2 A's... I gotta get out there more often.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingwithDave View Post
    Thanks for the report MHF. Nothing like that Bako Boy virtual guide service.

FWD
    FWD... What's with the kitty assault this morning? Nice job out there!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Very nice MHF!

Glad ya got on a slay!.... I've never seen the catfish biting like they have been lately.

Were you able to find the local Dodger station last night and listen to Kershaw shut down those "unspeakable"
    Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I lol'd at triple gigget...

103? Pssh

Jake Peavy?

Lmao lmao lmao
    Psssh is what I said 103 too. I grew up in the Central Valley. Then I realized that it's been a loooong time.

Found the station and then quickly changed it.

My A hole brother sent this to me... You might appreciate it... Jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Lol,,,,,,,,,,,go ahead guys,,,laugh it up,,,lol

wtg mh f,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
    It's all in good fun TB!

Great report. Glad to see u out at the duct. Time on water will increase fish counts now get back out there.