Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Ulua Sliding Rod & Solterra Reel Review!

Default Ulua Sliding Rod & Solterra Reel Review!

Decided To Get The Newest GT Ulua Rod by Okuma for 2021!

Along with this casting rod i matched it up with a Solterra SLX15CS Reel. I started using the original Okuma GT Ulua Rod from years back that was blue w/abalone inlay. Next came another blue model w/different stats that had no inlays. Now this rod is my newest Ulua Rod. The 1st Slider model. I like the light weight & SS butt. Still incorporates Hilo Style Guides.

Many shore casters don't know about the Solterra family of reels also by Okuma. I had the gold & black original that had a magnetic cast control. Now they come with dual Thrust Bearings for easy long distance casting. It's like trying to cast the original red Penn Senator 4/0 with Boca Bearings instead of factory originals. Yup, pretty exact comparison as i had it also years ago.

This is a nice balanced duo. I was latter chased out by the military parking their dive boat exactly in front of me without saying a word, or at least a warning that they were about to run over my lines or that they were going to work where i had already set-up. I don't mind finding a new spot, but it was rude that i had to reel in my line with no voice communications from the boat or the spotter kayak next to them.

https://youtu.be/K_pyC38k3c8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ulua Rod Solterra Reel Cover.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	53441