Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris hammerfest!!!

Default Perris hammerfest!!!

So Ive been saying all Summer that the bite was still going to get better.. Ive been saying that the lake was about a month or so behind schedule..... The lake wasn't fishing how Im used to seeing it fish in the early part of this Summer between late June and July...Whether it was the lake drawdown, or the influx of water or because water was taken out again then brought back in... or maybe it was because the grass, then the bluestoning... whatever the reason... the lake didn't seem to be fishing the same, and I knew it.. It was just a different feel... there were fish to be caught but it was a grind most days and you needed to have 5-6 rods on the deck to have an okay day .. Well last week when I was there I saw some changes as I mentioned in last weeks post.. The fish were beginning to be in the areas I expected them to be... They were stacking up in their "Summer" areas...Finally!!!!! I was just keeping my fingers crossed that it would continue to develop... I also said that the bite was about to bust loose.. Of course a lot of people didn't believe me...But I saw the signs... they didn't..
    So my buddy wanted to get out there with me today and I was secretly very excited to get out there to give it a shot after the signs Ive seen developing over the last 2 weeks...
    I had a feeling the bite would be good...I just wasn't sure how good... Todays Monday and there were jet ski races at the lake this past weekend AND the LAKE WAS PACKED!!!!! But I had a funny feeling the deep bass would be ready to chew today....
    So Vinny got to my house at about 610am and we were on the water by 6:30am.. I went straight to one of my favorite summer deep spots... We pulled up and I metered the spot and the bass were stacked up.... "There they are", I said... "Hopefully they bite!!"

So we get out our Carolina rigs and I fire out a cast....As my bait hits bottom in 38ft of water I slowly begin to drag the bait over the rocks...one at a time.. Im "counting rocks", as I call it...That means Im bringing my bait so slowly over the rocks below that I literally feel every rock.... within 10 ft...TICK!!! And I smoke it..... IM ON!!! as I swing a solid 3 1/2 lber into the boat...NICE!! Next cast.... counting rocks...BINGO...IM ON AGAIN... 4 lber in the boat!! YES!!!!!
    Then Vinny gets into the action.... counting rocks...TICK TICK...He smashes it...HES ON!!!! 3 1/2 lber in the boat....They are chewing!!!!!

We continue to hammer them for another hour and a half before it slows down a bit and the sun is beginning to get hot....Time for a move!!!

Over the next 4 hours we absolutely CLOWN THEM.... Bass after bass coming over the rail...by far the best day this Summer... They were where they normally are, where they were supposed to be the last month and a half...
    We never caught a bass in water shallower that 38ft.... We caught all of our fish in 38-52ft of water... Our total for the day when we left at 12:30pm was 33 Bass ... YES THIRTY THREE!!!! I told you we destroyed them!!! All of our fish were between 2 1/2 lbs and 5 1/2 lbs... And we left them biting ... We left as Vinny caught another on his last cast... We could have had 50 today had we stuck around another few hours... We had 3 double hookups during the day...which is always fun....

here are a couple pics of the day..

It was a great morning on Perris today.... The true Summer Bite took a while to get going but to it busted wide open...AT LEAST IN MY BOAT!!!!

If you've been on the fence about a guide trip nows the time... Lets go destroy them.... call me and book your trip asap.... This bite is a blast!!!!

Also check me out on Facebook @ Pete Marino Fishing on Facebook... give my page a LIKE to be eligible to see details on my next giveaway..

Lets go fishing!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909) 241-8283 cell
    (909) 510-5679 office..
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 08-15-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Every year I wait for this bite to take place. When I saw that Pete posted and the pics, figured it was time to go before this bite and numbers potentially fall off. If anybody thinks that Pete fudges the numbers caught, think again!! I set up our trip and we destroyed them deep for a total of (30) fish caught!! I got (14) for the day and they are all deep in 40-50'. They are feeding off all the bait and are getting fat, happy and they pull! Most fish over 2 lbs and got a couple over 4lbs. Too much fun.

If we wouldn't have farmed 4-5 each we could have been close to 40... I guess we are just slackers!!! Yeah we smashed them didn't we...