Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Dog Days of Summer... Versatility is the name of the game..

Default Perris Dog Days of Summer... Versatility is the name of the game..

Well that and deep water.... lol

The Summer bite took a while to get going because of water drawdown, blue stoning, then water coming back in, then out again, then back in...lol... The bite has been good if you know what to do this time of year to catch these bass that are dealing with the water fluctuations, the heat, and everything else....

This Summer as most Summers at Perris the two MAJOR keys to success have been these two things..

1. VERSATILITY- Not one single technique has been killing it out there so to be versatile and have confidence in 4-6 techniques has been EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.. MOST of the guys that have been going out with one or two rods on the deck have been getting skunked or catching 1-2 fish at most... I on the other hand have been rotating through 4-6 completely different techniques and Ive been catching fish on most if not all of them through a normal day on the lake... Sometimes we'll catch 4-5 fish PER TECHNIQUE....

2. THE ABILITY TO FISH DEEP WATER... simply put...EVERYBODY can fish Shallow. BUT, NOT EVERYBODY can fish DEEP.. Knowing where to fish deep at Perris and what baits to use are things that baffle most people...add to that Having confidence to fish deep and believing you are going to get bit, being able to read your fishfinder accurately all while trying to control the boat in the wind and Summer boat traffic out in open water, lead most people to either stay in the shallow protected areas catching a fish or two, IF ANY... Or just stay home and wait for the bass to head shallow again..

Not me though... I LOVE THE SUMMER BITE... I love fishing DEEP.... Fishing Offshore ledges, rockpiles, Sunken boats, schooling fish with Carolina Rigs, Tailspins, Dropshot, Alabama rigs, Topwaters and a few more things is a BLAST to me...

And that's what Ive been doing out at Perris this Summer... Ive been saying that the lake was a little behind schedule because of the water fluctuating and other factors but now the lake is getting settled down into the best Summer fishing...

NOWS the time to call me to schedule your trip.... If you wanna learn the deep bite... Spots, baits, techniques.... I'll show you the where, the what to use and why to use it.....

This is a great time to go on a trip with me to help give you confidence and open your eyes to new techniques to use during the Summer..
    Whether you want to learn, practice or tighten up your skills with DEEP WATER fishing, using the Carolina Rig, the Dropshot, Tailspins, Alabama rigs, Topwaters, other reaction baits(I cant mention my whole bag of tricks here) Or if you just want to come out and see how I break down the lake in the middle of Summer and read the bass on any given day.....NOWS THE TIME TO CALL ME AND BOOK YOUR TRIP.... You WILL have more confidence when you leave me at the end of the day... You WILL have more spots to fish, You WILL have a BETTER understanding of where and why AND WHAT TO USE...

Here are a couple pictures of some recent trips including and couple of me during a recent day on the lake with a Photographer...

Here I am Swinging like a beast on a Nice Fat Deep water Carolina Rig fish..

Heres my buddy Cliff holding a chunk he caught from 40ft of water...

Heres Tony with a stout deep water bass...

And heres a solid 3 lb Deep Water fish I caught in about 35ft of water..

And heres Carlos holding a fat deep water bass he caught at the beginning of Summer in about 40ft of water..

All of these catches have a couple things in common .... They were caught in Deep water...30-45ft and they were IN MY BOAT.....hahaha...

These were just a few of MANY in the last month.... Over the last month we had GREAT days, okay days, and not so great days as the water fluctuated... But now that the water temps are where they need to be the bite is getting better and more consistent.... They are where they need to be...NOW LETS GO CATCH THEM!!!!

Call me (909) 241-8283 cell Or Office (909) 510-5679 If I don't answer, leave a message clearly after the beep and Ill call you back ASAP... I Had a call recently where the person left a msg but I didn't understand the phone number so I couldn't call them back... If you leave a clear msg I WILL GET BACK TO YOU!!!!! Lets Go HAMMER THESE SUMMER PERRIS BASS!!!!!!

You can also follow me on Facebook @ Pete Marino Fishing...
    Give my page a Like .... Im going to be doing yet another giveaway very soon but you have to "LIKE" my page to be eligible to win... So Go like my Page... "Pete Marino Fishing" on Facebook..

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 08-05-2016 at 12:07 PM.

I can say first hand that Pete you boosted my confidence tremendously and opened my eyes a lot more especially on becoming a more Versatile angler during the summer I was lost do to the changing conditions . I can say I am down from carrying 15 different techniques to 5-6 now and have been using some of the taught techniques with good success rates lately even from my float tube .. We will do it again sometime Pete I am sure and again it was well worth the day on the water learning from a pro.

TY ,
    WES

Hey Wes... thank you for the kind words..

I look forward to getting you out there again soon...

glad to hear you have been picking at them a bit during this extremely abnormal tougher than normal Summer

Pete