Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 9/29

Default Dvl 9/29

Hit the lake in the AM for a couple quick swimmer fish. By 9:00AM the lake went glass so I put the boat on the trailer and went to Perris for a couple hours. Did my thing there for a while and loaded up around 1:30PM/2:00PM and drove back to DVL for the afternoon bite. Wind started up right when I dumped back in but then just went to that "slight ripple" junk. Definitely a bummer when we get the wind from the NW. S SW BABY! that's what we need! NEED IT SLOPPY CHOPPY!

Main goal like always was to search for larger grade fish with the swimbait. Ended the day with a limit and a half of fish on the swimbait so like 7 fish. but nothing over 4 pounds.

Gear used:
    Daiwa Pluton 30# to 20#
    Megabass Orochi XX F5-75XX
    Gancraft Jointed Claw 178

Pattern today consisted of tree lines.

Oh by the way. New hours. Lake is closing at 5:30. I was a little late today so to save yourselves the hassle make sure you keep a mental note!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	45100

I was there yesterday too. I think you were in line in front of me at the gate but I didn't realize it until I saw your post

I finally got into some DVL action thanks to your solid advice & encouragement!

Thanks for the info! Hows the bite over at Perris?

hit perris for some smaller fish. it wasn't popping off like everyone's blabbing about. dvl has been popping off for me so i put the boat on the trailer and went back over.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I was there yesterday too. I think you were in line in front of me at the gate but I didn't realize it until I saw your post

I finally got into some DVL action thanks to your solid advice & encouragement!
    glenn, i have a chevy 1500 with "megabass and Lastchancetackle.com" on the rear window. you really can't miss me. between roman made stickers on my outboard and last chance tackle stickers on my truck; i sorta stick out like a sore thumb.

if you see me next time; cruise up

Will do for sure!