Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Published DVL flathead catfish study

Quote Originally Posted by Peestick View Post
    does anyone know any good spots to catch bluegill in the 4-6" range?
    Looks like you'll be doing your own flathead study!

I would recommend any city park lake, but considering how those have already been fished out.....can't help you there.

Default FlatHeadFever

With the secret now getting out in writing the value of 6 to 8 inch bluegills has just jumped. They are legal to use as bait as long as they come from the same waters as they are caught. NOW lets hear about anyone catching any Tilapia at DVL??? If so than you for sure to know that the lake is sure going down the tube fast!!

DSRT TRTSE

Flatheads must be picky critters. Ive thrown chovies, liver, and nightcrawlers all over that lake and got my share of blues and channels......but never a flattie. Is a dang live gill all they will take?? Geesh,

Quote Originally Posted by Dsrt Tortise View Post
    With the secret now getting out in writing the value of 6 to 8 inch bluegills has just jumped. They are legal to use as bait as long as they come from the same waters as they are caught.
    Are you sure about that? I thought only shad was allowed?

Bluegill are illegal. How the hell don't people that fish as much as some not know this? Monkey see monkey do deal?

DS is correct shad only and only from the water you are fishing, shiners south county.

Shad are being used at Silverwood, they are not being dip netted from there.

DFG hello anybody out there?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Bluegill are illegal.
    Yup. Unless it is the CO river, or it's backwaters. Only exception would be a private lake.

Not sure how people don't get it. No grey area on this one at all.

If i get fined $400 for fishing 20 minutes beyond closing at perris getting caught fishing with a live gill must be serious jail time, right??

I can only imagine the look on everyones face in the joint ad we go around the table at chow saying what we are all in for....armed robbery, attempted murder, homicide, fishing a live gill
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 07-17-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    If i get fined $400 for fishing 20 minutes beyond closing at perris getting caught fishing with a live gill must be serious jail time, right??

I can only imagine the look on everyones face in the joint ad we go around the table at chow saying what we are all in for....armed robbery, attempted murder, homicide, fishing a live gill
    Or staying out past "Curfew"........just had to say it...lol

I stand corrected. I fish in the canals too often and they are legal there down here in the lower desert.

Dsrt Trtse

Rod, you will be labeled a terrorist by the left wing liberal California standards. Better yet, at DVL try using a live brown trout behind the buoy line. Either way, it's just as bad as driving in the car pool lane with 3 pugs in the front seat of your smart car.........:)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast