Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Nph 11/12/17

Default Nph 11/12/17

headed out today, it was my youngest boys turn this time. Had to work for 'em in the harbor and was a bit slow but we did scrape a total of 10 with the bass trifecta (6 spots, 1 sandy, 1 calico), 1 small sculpin and one short hali. My little guy had a blast! I got the hali on and handed it to him unknowing what I had but knew it felt pretty good and loved it when he smiled and said "whoa this is a strong one."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4382.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	50474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4385.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	50475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4390.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	50476  

Congrats stumpfisher...looks like you guys had a great time. The smile on his face says it all. That hali is a nice way to top off the trifecta. Im assuming you were running hammers and other plastics? Do you ever take it out to the barge and grab a scoop of bait? I was thinking of possibly hitting it up on Tuesday with a rental skiff since the blue water bite and slowed down. Thanks for the post buddy

Nice going,what a great way to start the day,way to go Pops your son won’t forget those mornings!

Cya Tuna Vic

Love the smile on his face, very cool indeed. I take either my granddaughter or nephew a couple times a year on a skiff, love that harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Congrats stumpfisher...looks like you guys had a great time. The smile on his face says it all. That hali is a nice way to top off the trifecta. Im assuming you were running hammers and other plastics? Do you ever take it out to the barge and grab a scoop of bait? I was thinking of possibly hitting it up on Tuesday with a rental skiff since the blue water bite and slowed down. Thanks for the post buddy
    Thanks!
    We always just use plastics, keitech with underspins, hookup baits, and I'll have the little guy drift a gulp shrimp as well (no action on that so far). I will troll a flicker shad when moving locations and I usually pick one up doing that but haven't done that lately. Bait barge is gone for the winter unfortunately. We usually fish the buoy line and main channel but all fish were very tight to structure that day and took a bit to figure that out.
    Good luck on the skiff, the tide charts show things should pick up this weekend.
    Take care!

Trips making memories with the next Generation are the Best trips! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by StumpFisher View Post
    Thanks!
    We always just use plastics, keitech with underspins, hookup baits, and I'll have the little guy drift a gulp shrimp as well (no action on that so far). I will troll a flicker shad when moving locations and I usually pick one up doing that but haven't done that lately. Bait barge is gone for the winter unfortunately. We usually fish the buoy line and main channel but all fish were very tight to structure that day and took a bit to figure that out.
    Good luck on the skiff, the tide charts show things should pick up this weekend.
    Take care!
    Thanks for the intel stump...and yup, those flicker shads do work well. Unfortunately I never made it out there, but look forward to the next outing. Thanks again for the post and congrats again on the family time!!!