Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Owens River trout

well all those fish are dead!!!

I saw a guy get cited by the Warden last year for failing to immediately return his fish to the water on the Upper Owens in October. You don't keep the fish out of the water for 1-2 minutes while you grab your camera to take a picture...

Quote Originally Posted by retired96 View Post
    I saw a guy get cited by the Warden last year for failing to immediately return his fish to the water on the Upper Owens in October. You don't keep the fish out of the water for 1-2 minutes while you grab your camera to take a picture...
    Very interesting ... and helpful reminder

Jus curious ... was he dressed like a warden ... where'd he come from (sneak u?) ... I've heard they stay at a distance with binocs ... ???

He was in full uniform in his truck, the fishermen was about 100 yards away and I'm sure he never saw the Warden. I was in my truck eating lunch and had been talking with the Warden when he saw the violation.

Awesome pics and WTG!

My buddies are going thanksgiving weekend, might have to tag along after this report.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trouty View Post
    glad to see some girls out there fishing. I was by myself trophy wife!

Why is it the guys who post the pics like that have only 2 posts and always make with the sexual innuendo when caught gill f#%7ing trout......you hoisted yourself on your own petard as a true champion of the resource. Oh yeah....snagging is pretty much illegal as well. This time of year, your chances of an expensive education are a lot higher in the Bishop area.
    Last edited by Viejo; 10-29-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Question--what are good types of lures/colors this time of year? Gold/red panther martin/bouyants?

This thread should be used as an example of what not to do. They just need to close these spawning spots to all fishing during these periods like Big Bear does. Restrictions don't seem to work cause it seems nobody f***ing reads them!!!!!

Sickening example of fish handling!

The more I read this the more I think this is a troll trying to piss us off!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The more I read this the more I think this is a troll trying to piss us off!
    You very well could be right. Personally....I think he just doesn't have a clue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast