Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fished in the Wood at Irvine Lake

Quote Originally Posted by XMrxSEAUx View Post
    Sick report bro! Btw I'm back fishing again! Lol do you think theres that elusive brown trout that was a holdover? Lol

��
    The Brown trout is the only trout that could have survived in Irvine Lake. Had we had wet winters every year since they closed and kept the lake real deep, maybe a Brown trout could have survived! But we had some drought years in there that kept the lake pretty shallow, so I doubt it! But when they stock some Rainbow trout in there this winter and people start fishing for them. If someone catches a Brown trout, you know it was an holdover from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    It only costs $5 per car to fish Irvine now? Wow. I think it was $16 per person a long time ago that time that I went there with my dad. That is tempting, maybe if I could take a non drowsy antihistamine first and hope the allergens aren't around like when I went. My dad and I should have gotten a refund that time, but we skedaddled too fast to even think about it with me sneezing my head off. LOL

I suppose they won't stock the lake much if any, with those reduced prices, but I am fine with catching panfish anyway.
    To be fair, when they were charging $16 per person or whatever it was, they were stocking the heck out of the lake. The lake will not be stocked so you really can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    To be fair, when they were charging $16 per person or whatever it was, they were stocking the heck out of the lake. The lake will not be stocked so you really can't compare.
    They will definitely be stocking some Rainbow trout! They do at LNL by the Orange County parks themselves, so why wouldn't they stock them at Irvine Lake too! They even said they were going to do it in the winter time! As for the Bass population, I heard years ago they had over 100,000 Bass in there, so stocking of that species is not necessary. Their is more Trophy catfish in their now, as their ever was in the past. Plus plenty of Bluegills, so for the $25 bucks a head they were charging before, you only got some more eating size catfish. Plus additional trout over what the park is going to stock. So in conclusion, your getting a lot more bang for your buck now, as compare to what it was before!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-05-2019 at 03:52 PM.

I hope you are right. Was just basing my post on what the OC Parks website states.

"Bass (catch-and-release), catfish, carp, bluegill, crappie and sturgeon are in the lake. The lake will not be stocked."

http://www.ocparks.com/parks/irvinelake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12