Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: fri fun boiling ,trolling,shad dipping

Default fri fun boiling ,trolling,shad dipping

I had a off day ,so it was more fishing .saw and talked to mike and roger in line.hit the water to look for the boiling it didn't happen till noon then all afternoon ,with the marina area going full on boiling everywhere in the marina area for over an hour. they ran water into the lake all day long. did some trolling for a couple hours and the were biting really good just not much size. best part of the morning was dipping some shad in a couple places anchoring up with wide open action on that ,took 3 big ones home for the bbq this afternoon,fun thing was I didn't even use my new camera today I was having too much fun just fishing and watching the boilwhores leave early cause they thought they weren't going to boil ,they just fished the wrong time of the day. that's what happens when you stay the whole day you get to see what timeing the fish are on.the water is clearing in areas it should just keep going ,hopefully i'll use my new camera at Castaic on Monday some of my bitches are dipping monster shad there ,I haven't been there in a couple months.........

Nice report TO. While you were shad dipping I was able to find a couple of boils around the lake. Caught a bunch of dinks then went to trolling and again nothing but dinks. Ended up with two 3 pounders one on the troll with a chartreuse sassy shad and the other on top water with a white red head Zara spook. Had to get home early so I left before noon somehow I had a feeling that there was gonna be a great top water bite.

it was getting to talk to you mike ,,,,,I did a lot of runnin around ,,,its funny how mr stripey goes back to the same areas just random days ,,,,,,,and times,,,,,,,,,,normally in sinc with the moon,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Default Waiting for TO with water shooter

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    I had a off day ,so it was more fishing .saw and talked to mike and roger in line.hit the water to look for the boiling it didn't happen till noon then all afternoon ,with the marina area going full on boiling everywhere in the marina area for over an hour. they ran water into the lake all day long. did some trolling for a couple hours and the were biting really good just not much size. best part of the morning was dipping some shad in a couple places anchoring up with wide open action on that ,took 3 big ones home for the bbq this afternoon,fun thing was I didn't even use my new camera today I was having too much fun just fishing and watching the boilwhores leave early cause they thought they weren't going to boil ,they just fished the wrong time of the day. that's what happens when you stay the whole day you get to see what timeing the fish are on.the water is clearing in areas it should just keep going ,hopefully i'll use my new camera at Castaic on Monday some of my bitches are dipping monster shad there ,I haven't been there in a couple months.........
    I've bought a water shooter to cool you off months ago. I been wanting to have a FRIENDLY water fight with you. Been hauling this thing a long time just for YOU! I won't use it in cold weather.
    What are lures around $3 that are good for stripers and where can I purchase them. Please let me know when you will be at Castaic again. I can't go this Monday.
    Thanks Bob,
    Dan

Hey Dan, check out academy sports online. They're a big sporting goods store like sport chalet, but none in CA. Their in-house H2O line is pretty good, they have a Sammy look alike and a LC Gunfish look alike that work well, for like 1/3 the price of real Lucky Craft. I think it's free shipping over $25, and no tax, since out of state.

Default Jowo's advice

Quote Originally Posted by jowo View Post
    Hey Dan, check out academy sports online. They're a big sporting goods store like sport chalet, but none in CA. Their in-house H2O line is pretty good, they have a Sammy look alike and a LC Gunfish look alike that work well, for like 1/3 the price of real Lucky Craft. I think it's free shipping over $25, and no tax, since out of state.
    THANK YOU! I will check out academy sports online.
    Dan

...dan don't make me sink you the next time I see you...........

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    So how did it go at Castaic Monday i dont remember seeing any report planning on fishing castaic soon myself

So how does one become one of YOUR (*******)?
    Do THEY know that YOU are referring to them as YOUR (*******)? Probably not

......yrs of friendship...........yes they do ..........and they refere to me as one of theres.........that's private info.........