Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Crawdads

Default Crawdads

To fish with crawdads what size hooks and what type of hooks do you guys recommend. Also do you let them go to the bottom and then reel them up a little bit? Thanks guys

One tip is try to keep them moving,although slowly,what happens a lot of times,if you just let sit,they will crawl under a rock,or some wood,whatever they can find and you end up pulling them off the hook or busting them off.
    Hook size will very with size of the dads,small as you can get away with is my suggestion.
    When you have the right size dads and the want them its a blast. I haven't fished them in a long time,but I do remember catching some nice LMBs on them.

Cya Tuna Vic

buy a bag of rubberbands, use those and a gamakatsu mosquito hook size 6. Put a rubber band on the crawdad and then hook the rubberband. Cast easily with a spinning rod.

Thanks guys for those great tips

Very good tip Stormcrow. I'll think of that when I go fishing with crawdads.