Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perris: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..and a Spotted Bass?????????????

Default Perris: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..and a Spotted Bass?????????????

I know their has been much discussion about Perris spotted Bass. So far no confirmation, but if only this fella could talk.

Now that is a little too close for comfort fella.

That's right...off my boat.

Have caught a lot of other species at Perris. THe good:

The bad:

The downright ugly:

But if only we had these:

Now my pattern is lurker proof so Im not disclosing much info especially my secret go to color of roboworm.

We interrupt this post to bring you a couple nature photos.

Don't have any real consistent Perris patterns, but at least Ive always gone home with my boat unlike this guy.

Oops, wrong lake.

But fishing is kind of like gambling..............you eventually get lucky and win.

And sometimes you snag stuff on the bottom that defies explanation

Even when your best fishing buddy likes to wear his hat on top of his head

has four legs

or likes to dress like a Power Ranger.

But sometimes you just got to let your tongue hang out

grab a light saber

and hook two bass on one cast

and celebrate when it all comes together

and maybe grab some other guys catch and shamelessly pose with it

and hope like heck he doesn't care with this kind of stuff in his pickup bed

Good fishin' out there everyone!!!!!!
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-29-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Cool pics!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    But if only we had these:
    How awesome would it be to have a walleye lake in Southern California? They should plant them in Big Bear.

Great pics man! You caught a Flathead at LP?! And what a couple of very nice bass. What were their weights? Thanks for sharing these Rod.

Rod, I like the flathead, nice, where did you get it. I bet those walleye and northerns tasted good. Rod, we have two months to the day almost for the canada trip...... we have an open slot too............ I'm just sayin dude

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Great pics man! You caught a Flathead at LP?! And what a couple of very nice bass. What were their weights? Thanks for sharing these Rod.
    fishmounter,

The bass with me sitting and hamming for the photo is a little under 8 pounds. THe carp is 20 plus pounds. THe Perris flathead was just a little fella, 2 pounds or so. THe bass Im holding with the Sooners #4 jersey is 25 inches and wasnt weighed......8 plus Im assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    Rod, I like the flathead, nice, where did you get it. I bet those walleye and northerns tasted good. Rod, we have two months to the day almost for the canada trip...... we have an open slot too............ I'm just sayin dude
    That flattie came from Lake Perris of all places and hit an underspin. HE was safely released with strict instructions to revisit my line in a decade or so.

I actually am not a fish eater, but my secret recipe on the walleye was fantastic. I cooked them up at 300 degrees on a board in the oven with peppers, garlic salt, and lemon. I added some secret flavoring once the fish was all baked up. I then dumped the fish in the trash and ate the board..........not bad.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-28-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Lol, thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by FishinMishin View Post
    Lol, thanks for the post
    Thanks fishinmishin...................................hav ing fishing withdrawals as we speak. Havent been out since Sunday and its Tuesday. Im never gonna make it to SAturday.....never.

That's an awesome report/story, well done sir.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast