Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain is a real American Hero!!!!

Those links show Trump's dismal approval ratings and that Dems are winning generic polls for next year's election, respectively, according to FiveThirtyEight, which aggregates polls and uses weighted averages.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Those links show Trump's dismal approval ratings and that Dems are winning generic polls for next year's election, respectively, according to FiveThirtyEight, which aggregates polls and uses weighted averages.
    Are these the same poles that had trump losing the election? Mcain is part of the swamp that needs drained

They are the polls that were only off by 1 - 2 percentage points, and gave Trump a 20% chance of winning. FiveThirtyEight correctly picked the results in all 50 states in 2012 I think, by the way.

Dodgers won !! Again.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    After writing a very negative thread about President Trump. I would like to write a very positive thread about John McCain my new hero!!! It's Republicans like John McCain is why I was attracted to the Republican party in College. The Vietnam War just ended and it was the Democratic party who was the party of peace and love. We still had a real enemy out there in the Russians. People don't know this but in the 1980's the Russians were so convinced we were ready to attack them. (we almost had a nuclear war with the USSR) Things quieted down when Gorbachev came to power and with the fall of the Berlin Wall.

John McCain came from a long line of career military people. He's Grandfather and father were both Admirals in the United States Navy. So it came as no surprise when he went to Annapolis and became a Naval aviator. When the Vietnam conflict broke out, John McCain had one of the most dangerous jobs. Take off from an aircraft carrier and bomb Hanoi!!! (Hanoi at the time was the most heavily defended city on the planet) It was just a matter of time when a lucky shot hit McCain's plane and he had to bail out over North Vietnam. When he ejected and landed he had broken bones every where in his body. He was immediately captured and sent to the infamous Hanoi Hilton. Where he spent the next 5 1/2 years beaten and tortured by the North Vietnamese. What really makes him a War Hero was the fact that because of his family background. He was offered early release from Prison and he "REFUSED" to take it. He said, "I won't come home till all the prisoners come home." Take that Donald Trump!!! When he said, "I don't think you can call anyone a War Hero who was captured!!!" What did Donald Trump do during the Vietnam War??? Partied with show girls and spent his daddy's millions!! (he was given a medical excuse and didn't have to serve)

You would have thought McCain would have stayed in the military and probably become an Admiral like his father and Grandfather. What happened was when he got home, he was assigned as an military attache to Washington DC. In serving in Washington DC, he found he liked politics. So he resigned his commission, then ran for office and won 6 times as a US Senator from the State of Arizona. He had a great career in the Senate and got the Republican nomination for President in 2008. If it wasn't for the sad state Bush got the country into by 2008, McCain could have easily won and been a very good President!!!

A sad thing happened in 2008 when Obama won the Presidency. The Tea party came into existence and partisan politics dominated the scene for the next 8 years. ObamaCare was the law of the land and the Republican party now had a new whipping Boy!!! It wasn't that ObamaCare was so bad for most, but it was a political tool the Republicans used to win both Houses of Congress and the Governorship's all across the land. ObamaCare helped a lot more people then it hurt especially in Rural America. Yet the Republicans still campaigned against it for politically advantage. (they never had anything better but what the Hell, they will never have to make good in repealing it)

Yet the thing they thought would never happen. (did happen) They won everything and now what do they do about repealing ObamaCare???? (they had 7 years to come up with something better and they got nothing!!!) What happens when a Liar has been caught???? They try to cover themselves with something anything and hope nobody notices!!! People did notice and every where these politicians went people came out and gave them an earful!!! This wasn't like tax reform where your tax's will change a little. But people will actually die and suffer if you take their Health Care away from them. Here's the other thing that not to many people talk about if you repeal ObamaCare. "IT'S A JOB KILLER!!!" 1/6 of the economy is Health Care related. Take 16-32 million peoples Health Care away from them and think how many jobs would be lost???? They (Republicans) are now caught between a Rock and a Hard place and there is no good solution in either one of them. Don't pass Health Care reform they betray their base. Take Health Care away from 10's of millions of people, more or less just to give Millionaires and Billionaires a tax cut. (your going to pay a political price for that) But most of these people don't want to admit they are Liar's and they just been caught!!! (so they keep playing the game)

Eventually the Senate has to do something after the House sent them their Health Care Bill. It would only cost 23 million people their Health Care and kill 250,000 people over the next 10 years. Small price to pay to keep up our Lie the House of Representatives said!!! In a normal Bill of this magnitude there would be committee meetings and hearings and negotiating for something this big. Not this time, their just trying to cover their lies to the American people. Mitch McConnell staff comes up with a real piece of crap they will cost only 22 million people their Health Care. (It fails to pass) Then Trump urges them to Repeal now and come up with something later. (anything for a win for Trump) That would only cost 32 million people their Health Care. (it fails too)

Their last hope is the skinny repeal bill. It will only cost 16 million people their Health Care and premiums going up by only 20% next year. This thing has a real good chance of passing for the dumbest of reasons. The Republican Senators even said, "we don't want this bill ever to become law." They just wanted to keep the lie going on a little longer by passing this along and going into committee with the House. The problem was, "the House could just pass it and the President will sign anything you put in front of him called Health Care reform and now this Bill will become the law of the land." Only 2 women Senators were for sure going to vote against this monstrosity of a Bill.

Now John McCain flew back in from Arizona to vote on this serious piece of legislation. He was just diagnosed with Brain Cancer. I can tell you from first hand experience, he has 8-18 months to live. My mother passed away 7 years ago from the exact same disease. (she lasted 10 months after diagnosis) John McCain is a 30 plus year member of the Senate and knows the partisan way is no way to govern. When he cast that deciding vote of "NO" he not only saved 100 of thousands of lives. He saved the Republican party from long term utter ruin had this Bill became law!!!

My Hats off to you John McCain, a real American Hero!!!!!
    Mcain is a joke and needs to retire. He's been there waaaaaay to long. He's part of the swamp

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Mcain is a joke and needs to retire. He's been there waaaaaay to long. He's part of the swamp
    Care to expand?

Or are you going to keep parrot'ing catch phrases like, "swamp" and "drain?"

You actually think the characters our President has brought in (and promptly fired, mind you) are not part of this "swamp" you talk about? When you yourself are draining individuals of the swamp that you brought in, don't you think it's probably one of the phrases that should be retired, much like The Mooch was in 10 days?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Care to expand?

Or are you going to keep parrot'ing catch phrases like, "swamp" and "drain?"

You actually think the characters our President has brought in (and promptly fired, mind you) are not part of this "swamp" you talk about? When you yourself are draining individuals of the swamp that you brought in, don't you think it's probably one of the phrases that should be retired, much like The Mooch was in 10 days?
    I'm talking about career politicians that get there pockets filled with cash. Like mcain. He is part of the swamp. I believe trump is getting people in that cannot be bought out.

They cannot be bought out? Is the theory here that these people are so obscenely rich, that no amount of money can influence them? Isn't that interesting?

I would say, to the contrary, that Trump is filling the swamp with the largest alligators that he can find.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    I believe trump is getting people in that cannot be bought out.
    Yes, just like Manafort and Flynn.

Very stand up guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast