Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL ANAHEIM Angels 2014 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Is he overpaid? Sure. But he is still hitting 272 with 23HR and 75RBI
    Hey, that's almost a million per HR!

Can't wait till he's 43 and getting paid $24 million to babysit Artie's grand kids.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    and that's producing right now!
    Emphasis, mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hey, that's almost a million per HR!

Can't wait till he's 43 and getting paid $24 million to babysit Artie's grand kids.

Emphasis, mine.
    Ethier... $15.5 million for 2014
    4 HR's
    $3.875 million per HR
    Can't wait till they're paying him to sweep up the seed shells in the dugout.
    Last edited by Double A; 08-19-2014 at 07:25 PM.

light up the halooooo

Not good at all! Garrett Richards messed up his knee trying to cover first! Sounds like its season ending! That is a tough player to replace. He has been our pitching ace! Horrible

lets keep up our hopes that his recovery will be quick, BTW light up the halo one more time plz

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Imagine if Puig needed a mental day off?
    Imagine? Hell Puig takes about every other game off mentally.

Bad news about Richards, good news about the best team with the best record in baseball being in first place.

first skaggs now richards! no bueno..hopefully someone steps up! GO Angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait for playoffs, im THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Ethier... $15.5 million for 2014
    4 HR's
    $3.875 million per HR
    Can't wait till they're paying him to sweep up the seed shells in the dugout.
    Yeahhhhh.....I don't think we signed Ethier until he's a grandad, for the same money that you did for Poo-holes. But good try comparing apples and oranges.

And essentially, what you're saying is that we have the money to sign a bench player for that much to come in and platoon, and it didn't take a 10 year contract to do so, and we'll have enough minor leaguers to make up the deficit once his contract runs out in 2 years and we don't resign him. Yeah, you are correct, it is wise to not sign someone for a decade. Dodgers plead guilty on that one.

BTW, who are you signing to replace your ace that you just lost?

I hear that Artie spent too much money on previous contracts (ahem, Pooholes & I Need A Day Off Hamilton) that you don't have anybody to sign to replace your injured ace?

Perhaps Pujols can pitch! Hope your triple A is stacked. You want Zach Lee? We'll take Pujols off your hands, you'll just have to eat his current contract. ;-)

Where do you get apples and oranges?
    YOU brought up the comparison of $ per HR.
    I merely showed that every HR Ethier hits costs $3.875 million, as compared to the $1 million per Pujols' HR, which YOU brought up... Looks like apples n apples to me?
    Maybe a rotten apple that you wish not to swallow, but still an apple none the less.

Richards' injury... How do you prepare for that come on... I'm sure the Doyers don't have a back up plan contrived at the moment, in the event Kershaw goes down for the year. You just roll with the punches, deal with the hand your delt, and play the game.

Richards out 6-9 months for knee surgery. There's still hope we've got a great bullpen and the offense is coming around again.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast