Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake lice?

Default Lake lice?

I've seen several mentions of "lake lice" which certainly doesn't sound like fun. I've not had any experience with them the very few times I've been to Castaic...

Is it so bad that once you get there, you don't want to stay?
    J

Quote Originally Posted by turnyourhead View Post
    I've seen several mentions of "lake lice" which certainly doesn't sound like fun. I've not had any experience with them the very few times I've been to Castaic...

Is it so bad that once you get there, you don't want to stay?
    J
    There a little bug that starts to itch at the back nap of your neck and the itch works it's way down to the middle of your back and further down, this usually happens when your about to set the hook on a fish.
    There now are at least six related species of lice, the worst being the variety of Jinwakeboardest... to the Dadekistrentalboatest.
    Castaic lake had a answer at first and penned them up in one area, now there everywhere, there worst on the weekends...
    You might try some anti-lice ointment, some one here sales it on the boards can't remember who... good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SDDave View Post
    There a little bug that starts to itch at the back nap of your neck and the itch works it's way down to the middle of your back and further down, this usually happens when your about to set the hook on a fish.
    There now are at least six related species of lice, the worst being the variety of Jinwakeboardest... to the Dadekistrentalboatest.
    Castaic lake had a answer at first and penned them up in one area, now there everywhere, there worst on the weekends...
    You might try some anti-lice ointment, some one here sales it on the boards can't remember who... good luck
    I perfer a sling shot loaded with 1 or 2oz egg sinkers to rid of the lake lice. They really bug me on the hot summer weekends. lol

I have found that a BBZ-1 on 50 lb Sufix Performance Braid can be an effective Lake Lice, aka Water Flea, Repellant.

BassnMan Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    I have found that a BBZ-1 on 50 lb Sufix Performance Braid can be an effective Lake Lice, aka Water Flea, Repellant.

BassnMan Mike
    That's some expensive ammo there, I like the egg sinker Idea, cheap and sinks out when done proberily...

I have more trouble with harbor-beach-lice.

I remember surf-fishing when this kid tries to skim-board in front of me, only to hit a concealed rock, and go face-first into the dry sand.

Another time I had both poles with me, and this jerk drives over my line on purpose.

So i took a big sinker, hooked it to the end of my big pole, with 20 pound test, and casted it out right where he would drive back.

Im just chillin there, feeling baked, and all of a sudden i hear "G-D-it!!" 20 times in a row, followed by a really funny sounding "EEouch!".

I look to the right and it's the same guy with 200 yards of old 20 lb test wrapped around his propeller.. So much smoke coming from the engine. Freakin hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by SDDave View Post
    That's some expensive ammo there, I like the egg sinker Idea, cheap and sinks out when done proberily...
    thats what i was thinking. a bbz is close to 50 bucks now. egg sinkers are a few bucks for a package of them and yes they drop down to the deep when done properly lol

we were at castaic on thursday, got there at 630 am to find the upper lake empty, launched the boat and started fishing some coves. we decide around 11am to leave the coves and head to elizabeth canyon to chill out. HOLY LAKE LICE EVERYWHERE, people going clockwise instead of counter clockwise, people cutting accross infront of you towing a tube while youre haulin at 35, people coming into coves blasting horrible dance music, the lake lice was ridiculous.

Castaic defiantly has its share of lake lice, but I think Pyramid is the worst. You got the Jetskiers + the punk tuber/wakeboarder/skiers and the dudes with speed boats flying by you at 40 miles an hour when you are anchored on a spot.
    Last edited by Fishbones; 07-18-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: language

I would like to know of ONE lake in so cal that is lake lice less ??? ........ Yea thats what I thought.... Sucks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast