Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Echo Park Lake

Default Echo Park Lake

I have a bbq I have to attend at Echo Park Lake on Saturday. I was wondering if fishing is allowed and if it is worth bringing my rods with me. Do they have bass at the lake? What works best?

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...o-park-fishing

Do post a pic if you catch one of these stocked fish. I don't see why the fish wouldn't have survived since the lake is abundant with mosquito fish and snails.
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 10-01-2014 at 08:51 PM.

there used to be big bass there before they drained the lake out.
    I believe they moved them to McArthur Park....not sure if there's bass there anymore but either lake is worth a try.
    if you do catch one, please post..

thanks .
    Last edited by madbass; 10-03-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Little birdie has been telling me that someone may or may not have been placing bucketfuls of baby bass from other area lakes into Echo, and I may or may not have seen them thriving when i visited last. There may or may not have been a few of them that have already reached the 4 to 6 inch size.

Best.. Response.. And.. I may or may not go to echo park this week as well. Lol

I might or might not have seen baby bass when I was (or wasn't) peddle boating around the lake... They were all around the weed beds... Or were they?

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    I might or might not have seen baby bass when I was (or wasn't) peddle boating around the lake... They were all around the weed beds... Or were they?
    Good.

I'm glad we may or may not have done what the DFW should have done if the first place when they eliminated the warm water species from the lake, and then thinking stocking cats and trout would make up for the difference.

I may or may not have swung by Echo earlier and fished it for 20 min. And, I may or may not have seen 6 or so finger sized bass. Also, I may or may not have hooked one only to lose it to the lilies. Finally, you may or may not have read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosorcerer View Post
    Cool Link, THNX. DR