Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: late post,,The CA Delta,,,150 stripers 2inches of rain funfunfun

Default late post,,The CA Delta,,,150 stripers 2inches of rain funfunfun

Last sunday afternoon myself and fath in law<trout junkie> headed to the delta,,.

Arived sunday night and ready,d the boat for a 6am Monday morn launch,,cought a nap in the truck and splashed the boat at 530 am.

PLACE was TIKI marina.

Weather the 1st day was great , abought 70 fish cought between the 2 of us from dink size to abought 4lbs,,,some doubles and triples on the troll AND some casting jerkbaits/traps and flukes,,ALSO ALOT of water coverd from tiki on the SJ River down to discovery bay to franks tract back up the SJ to 3 and 7 mile slough .

All searching for some schools of bigger fish AND showing my fath how great that place is.

The whole time taking pics for this post and for the memories of another GREAT trip.

I spoke with D/K that afternoon and found out a piece of info that made the whole trip even better,

TIKI and TURNER CUT resort has cabins RIGHT ON THE WATER with cover,d boat parking at the front door

fOR ONLY 100 $ A NIGHT,,,

We got 1 and it was great,,,,BIG/ROOMY BBQ/MICROWAVE /CoFFIE MAKER /STOVE HEATER SHOWER And COMPLETELY FURNISHED,,

We didn't have to load the boat and go get a motel room and the boat was only 4 feet from out front door

WAS FREEKIN G R E A T!

DAY 2

Woke up at 5am to POURING RAIN,,,we new it was coming and it was not letting us down a bit!,,POURING!

No biggy,,,,,,,,,,Suited up and went out and SLAYD!

Not the tour trip of the day before just hardcore fishing till 3 30 pm,,,70 to 80 more fish cought all on the troll All a bit better graid then the day before and all the while RAINING LIKE A BOOGER! lol

Well id like to say I had a bunch of pics but my phone and camera BOTH were ruined,,, Both have been replaced but the pics are history,,,,

Weve all seen pics of 1 to 5 lbrs before But I had one of the Monday morn sunrise that was priceless il miss that one the most,,,.

I Gotta say I LOVE THE DELTA!

Il be back in the spring no doubt!.

TRAIL BLAZER

Sounds like an awesome trip. Pictures are great but the memories will last forever!

What a trip this was ! We caught fish non stop . Never found the big ones we went up for but not for lack of trying . We had an absolute blast . I would be up there every week if I could . This was one to file away and look back fondly on for the rest of my life . Cant wait for next time . Thanks son for draggin me along .

Hardcore. Truly Hardcore. Sorry I mist this one but you know I won't miss the next one.

the delta huh, hmm. might have to try it one day,
    congrats gents, besides the ruined phone and camera that sounds like 2 awesome days fishing

Great story and adventure Scott. The Delta is a fisherman's wet dream with thousands of miles of shoreline, rivers, back channels and sloughs. Habitat of all types from docks, piers, tules, deep channels, pumps, rip wrap and more. There is a fish specie for everyone depending on the season Striper, Sturgeon, Salmon, Catfish, Large Mouth, Small Mouth, Steelhead and multiple species of Pan fish. Everyone that goes there comes back with memories of a lifetime.

Sounds like a baddass trip! Makes me wanna plan to get out there with my dad and Brother.

Too bad for us you lost that camera. I'm sure you have all the pics etched in your memory tho.

HardCore?
    Maybe a bad choice of words. Lol