Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Striper/SMB report Friday 9/19/2014

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    I like to troll single lures. I'm sure U-rigs will put more fish in the boat, but I like being able to feel the fish a little bit more. Which is why I mostly wait for this time of year to troll for stripers -- I can flat-line a single lure on 30lb braid and still get bit pretty reliably.

I'm going to try experimenting with other lures to troll with on this setup -- anybody have any experience trolling non-typical lures? I'm thinking maybe: chatterbaits with plastic shad bodies, Rat-L-Traps, jointed Rapalas, spinnerbaits, ...?
    I understand but you're missing out on chance to hang 3 DD striper at once. I haven't gotten 3 DDs yet but I have gotten a 7, and an 8 when the bigger of the three snapped off. I could feel those!

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    I understand but you're missing out on chance to hang 3 DD striper at once. I haven't gotten 3 DDs yet but I have gotten a 7, and an 8 when the bigger of the three snapped off. I could feel those!
    That's a good point -- I actually have mostly trolled with 1-hook u-rigs, partially because I'm too lazy to deal with managing 3 hooks/leaders and the spinning and tangles that always happen to me, plus that's the opportunity for me to lose an additional 2 leadheads when I snag on the bottom and lose the whole thing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12