Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: albacore

Default albacore

just got off the sat phone

albies are out around 60 miles off del mar outside the 181

fish are mixed 8-35lbs
    and were filled with red crab

these guys got them on troll and live bait

and the 3 o them where near limits

also heard that a 80+lb white seabass was caught on squid by a kayaker off the beach

going out again tonight to have a looksee

everyone have a good week

When was the last time albacore were here

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    When was the last time albacore were here

In real catch able numbers was about 12 years ago! Last time they bit I caught 8 on the Sea horse from Dana point and that was all she wrote! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    just got off the sat phone

albies are out around 60 miles off del mar outside the 181

fish are mixed 8-35lbs
    and were filled with red crab

these guys got them on troll and live bait

and the 3 o them where near limits

also heard that a 80+lb white seabass was caught on squid by a kayaker off the beach

going out again tonight to have a looksee

everyone have a good week
    I’m calling bs on the albies. Everyone I’ve talked to says they are 500 miles out

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    I’m calling bs on the albies. Everyone I’ve talked to says they are 500 miles out
    I saw a picture last week of 3 caught on a private boat! (he said he caught them at 100 miles)

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I saw a picture last week of 3 caught on a private boat! (he said he caught them at 100 miles)
    Not what ppl have been saying in San Diego area they are far.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Not what ppl have been saying in San Diego area they are far.
    We all know their out 500 miles West! However, if they are going to swim by us and give us the Fin and maybe catch a few. They would historically show up the 3rd week in June and go on a good bite by July 4! (So that's not too long away) We will know in a month or so if their is anything to this!

hey bowler instead of sounding stupid and putting out opinions instead of facts try knowing what your talking about

http://pacificalbacore.com

May 21, 2020: While the North Pacific albacore fishery is still maybe a month away some albacore have been caught in other gear types offshore of S. California. Also, some albacore have been reported caught off N. Baja for the first time in many years by local boats..
    April 24, 2020: South Pacific: The South Pacific season has ended with good tonnage from 19 boats. Those with pre-arranged markets had a easier time selling. Those without are still having difficulties. Most of the albacore was shipped out of New Zealand to various places and some was brought back to the west coast. A couple boats sold to Star Kist in American Samoa.

fish are still around
    scattered from punta colonet to the potatoe bank ,mixed with blue fin and big bigeyes
    need to look for the mammals schooling

they are around and catchable
    still as close as 40 miles off the beach in mex along with large spots of yellowfin
    just need luck and time

so all that called bullshit need to look before they babble nonsense
    sounding more like trump than anglers

sorry but half day boats just won't cut it
    Last edited by capoisok; 05-27-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    hey bowler instead of sounding stupid and putting out opinions instead of facts try knowing what your talking about

http://pacificalbacore.com

May 21, 2020: While the North Pacific albacore fishery is still maybe a month away some albacore have been caught in other gear types offshore of S. California. Also, some albacore have been reported caught off N. Baja for the first time in many years by local boats..
    April 24, 2020: South Pacific: The South Pacific season has ended with good tonnage from 19 boats. Those with pre-arranged markets had a easier time selling. Those without are still having difficulties. Most of the albacore was shipped out of New Zealand to various places and some was brought back to the west coast. A couple boats sold to Star Kist in American Samoa.

fish are still around
    scattered from punta colonet to the potatoe bank ,mixed with blue fin and big bigeyes
    need to look for the mammals schooling

they are around and catchable
    still as close as 40 miles off the beach in mex along with large spots of yellowfin
    just need luck and time

so all that called bullshit need to look before they babble nonsense
    sounding more like trump than anglers

sorry but half day boats just won't cut it
    I have a lot of ppl on fish dope and they said they are no where close to California boat ranges. I’ll take their word

ok i'll try to make it simple for you
    follow the link
    this is from people out fishing everyday not weekend half day warriors
    people that don't talk about what hearsay they get from a lot of people they know

people who make a living from fishing which includes me,
    something i have been doing for more than 50 years

so give all the opinions you want and believe what ever misinformation you get

but that facts just make you sound like a farmer sitting behind his plow
    Last edited by capoisok; 05-27-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast