Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Gregory 7/11/14

I was told that the new managemeng is the same company that manages DVL and Hemet. May explain things a bit.

Hiked around Gregory today, encountered a number of people fishing and not one catching anything. One guy was there since 9 am in two locations (Baseball field) and other side parking lot. Felt a bit bad for them....

UL

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    I will try Gregory the week after Labor Day.Is it worth wetting a line?

I don't think there has been a stock of rainbow this month, the last was late June. The dfg put in some browns last week, but I don't think most the people fishing the shore have a shot at those if they stay deep during the warm days. Supposedly they are putting in 2000lbs of 2+lb fish soon. The company that took over is fairly active about posting new stocks on the lake gregory regional park facebook page, so I try to keep an eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    I will try Gregory the week after Labor Day.Is it worth wetting a line?
    There is no trend in the stocking program since it's a new management company. If weather is cooler and fish stockings are aggressive then the answer would be probably, if it's hot and limited fish stocking the answer would be no, unless you want to catch a ton of carp or teeny weeny crappie.

Fished it yesterday. Pretty dismal. Trolled for about 3&1/2 hours, hooked one nice rainbow that we lost at the boat while getting the net ready. Talked to a local who trolls it every day and he didn't catch anything and said it has been really slow but is hopeful it will pick up after a stock due on the 25th...Still, it is a pretty and peaceful lake and the weather was great! Good to be on the water

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Fished it yesterday. Pretty dismal. Trolled for about 3&1/2 hours, hooked one nice rainbow that we lost at the boat while getting the net ready. Talked to a local who trolls it every day and he didn't catch anything and said it has been really slow but is hopeful it will pick up after a stock due on the 25th...Still, it is a pretty and peaceful lake and the weather was great! Good to be on the water
    If some locals are hopeful, then there is a shot. Maybe GVL and Greg are in on this together! Greg will start stocking when GVL stops. There's got some type of strategy or conspiracy!

You'll have to forgive me for searching for a conspiracy. Just had surgery and am getting restless and bored sitting at home. Wish I lived on a lake where I can throw a line over my big and bad *** porch!

I am sure the new management company has only the best in mind for the fishery and the local residents right?

Man I was hoping to go early this week but car problems and now it's gonna hot as a hell come Thursday or Friday when I should have my car back. Any suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hombre_jaguar View Post
    Man I was hoping to go early this week but car problems and now it's gonna hot as a hell come Thursday or Friday when I should have my car back. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Big Bear lake or the Sierra's.

I thought about big bear, but it's so large for a solo mission I wouldn't know where to start.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast