Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: perris tomorrow

Default perris tomorrow

hi guys. been a minute but finally getting out tomorrow with the girlfriend. we'll be testing out our new kayaks and trying to fish out of them for a bit. i'm going to rig her up with bait for the panfish and ill be using plastics for the largemouth. any good colors for this lake? i know purple is a good go to but i haven't fished perris in years and wouldnt mind increasing my odds of keeping the skunk away.

Green weenie with the purple going through it.
    Oxblood
    Morning dawn
    Watermelon red flake

If you don't get bit on a dark color don't try another dark, but go lighter and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Green weenie with the purple going through it.
    Oxblood
    Morning dawn
    Watermelon red flake

If you don't get bit on a dark color don't try another dark, but go lighter and vice versa.
    thanks for the reply. got to the lake about 7 this morning and launched the brand new kayaks we got on tuesday. we spent about a half hour or so getting used to them and they are great, not once did we feel like we were gonna roll over even when the heavy boat traffic started and there was lots of wake. i started pitching a texas rigged 7 inch ribbon tailed worm for nada. no fish finder on the yak yet so we were fishing blind and that kinda sucks. a fish finder will be the next investment. i paid close attention to where i saw bass boats stacked up though and once those areas cleared out i hit those. i switched to a margarita mutilator robo worm on a dropshot and got a couple short strikes on it but as soon as i switched over to the green weenie first cast and fish on. got it up to the yak and lost it, my estimate was a 4-5 pounder. i repositioned the yak for a drift through the same area and another fish on. landed this one quick pic and released. made another drift and hit another one. a couple more missed strikes we headed in. before we left we unloaded the gear and headed back out to practice rolling the yaks and reentry. not a bad day on a lake i havent fished in 10-13 years. may do it again next week for another practice run before taking the yaks to the salt.

will post pics as soon as i figure out how to get them off my phone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	second bass kayak.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	48824

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first bass kayak.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	48825
    Last edited by bigfishhunter; 07-31-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: add photos

Nice work on the new yak!

Good deal. Sold my yak. Have pictures of me pulling on calicos at the dericks in front of Huntington Beach.

For comfort, throw each leg over each the right and left side. Also, you can sit side saddle with both legs over one side.
    Moving the legs around keeps you in more comfort during long sessions and keeps the lower back loose.