Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: I remember why I didnÂ’t like fishing in Oregon, now!

Default I remember why I didnÂ’t like fishing in Oregon, now!

RULES RULES RULES RULES RULES!
    oh.. and hey! HereÂ’s some more rules for you!

The drop shot is illegal! (Oops!)
    you cant fish all night long!
    fishing trout is freaking illegal during trout season!
    there is ten different zones with their own regulations, in addition to the basic state regulations, as each body of water has its own regulations also!
    the lengths of leaders you use and how far away you place your weight from your bait is regulated!
    seriously!
    you can Only use two hooks for Halbut. That means hook number three on my LCFM110 has to go!

this place is freaking Mars IÂ’m telling you. Beautiful state destroyed by laws and politics and getting worse every day!

thabkfully..

I just found a hidden reservoir full of cutthroat trout!
    latest data I can find on the lake is from 2009.

I can see it on the map. I just have to find out how to get there.

im guessing my new 4x4 will come in handy, due to viewing the maps.

stay tuned. I hate laws and I hate Oregon. I release all my fish anyway. Lame.
    Florida fishing was cool. They were like ok go fish have fun.

Did I forget I dropped another $100 in the fly shop and my tax return at the 4x4 store for more adventure equipment?

are ya’ll stocking up for the virus?

is anyone even real?

still haven’t found a house yet. Too busy playing around in the woods. Got some wicked drone footage today and also some killer time lapse footy. Next episode of TJ TV is off to a good start.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 02-28-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Weight can’t be closer than 18” to bait
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35E4D091-EE3D-4726-9B0A-1731FFD696CF.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	52502

Name:	DB970A91-8A3B-4427-8BE1-A9D0DCF24188.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	52503
    leader lengths, weight below bait illegal, can’t touch bottom while bobber fishing. Required rigs?!

Name:	266AB53F-C43E-4AD4-ACC3-C95E154FDEAF.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	52504

no night fishing

Is there gonna be dudes down there measuring my leaders?
    if so, that’s not my definition of fun.

lol

im gonna have to go hike to some fly fishing lakes to have fun around here.

Thanks for the info!!! I can't wait to tell people if you think CA is bad, go to Oregon! Lol

It would appear there is some good fish around here which is why all the regulations.
    I vaguely remember pulling up to a stream one day and seeing a bunch of angry anglers standing shoulder to shoulder all with baitcasters and 20-30lb line in a little tiny creek crossing. I’m pretty sure they were after a salmon run, or something.
    but no way in hell would I stand there should to shoulder with guys hollering at eachother about line crossings and all using the same exact rig and basically shooting fish in a barrel while causing fist fights.

that’s how they all do things in Oregon if you’re in the wrong spot.
    that’s not how I like to fish.

on the other hand I’ve been back in the woods surrounding Barney Resevoir on all sides.
    I cannot legally get my truck down the reservoir. I’m going to have to hike at the least 5-7 miles to get into this catch and release only lake. I see in the sepcial regulations the lake is indeed open to fishing. But you have to walk there.
    I spent a tank of gasoline figuring that out. Was up in the snowy woods all night last night trying to break into this place legally with my truck and had no luck.

I’ll have to walk in. But I think I’ll wait for the temps to rise above freezing..
    Attachment 52505

never a dull moment.
    gonna install some jerry cans on the truck. Meet up wth a buddy, take a shower and then maybe head over to the Deschutes and see what is going on over there.

hoping less snow and more fish biting.
    it’s still f’n winter over here in Portland.. or the outskirts, anyway.
    lol

Did get to try my 3D printed 5wt.
    Clicker spring was a little too stiff but otherwise not bad.

Name:	D78D5CFC-95F4-4306-BF82-B119B703965A.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	52506

I caught cutthroats out of here before but not this time.

Interesting thing happened today, getting my 5000mi service on the 20204x4OR mothership.
    met a new friend who knew all about the lake ive been trying to find, how to get in a secret back way I have yet to find, also knew about remote battery bump boxes.. which was next on my list to find after I left the dealership... and had one on his person, in his freaking backpack.
    It’s almost as if somebody is reading my freaking mind at this point.
    seriously scary “Truman show” type stuff and I’m not even afraid to admit it.
    anyway..
    im about to order one of these to bump strait my drained vehicle while camping in snow.
    .. until I build my dual battery outlander system. Patent Pending coming soon.

Name:	04E076EC-211B-4D59-AE19-2FB79993035C.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	52507

so I got this guys number and a new jump box and possible route and guide to some wild wide open steelhead and salmon spots. Even though I’m sure it’s way too much of a coincidence to be true and I’m being stalked by new world order agents. But I’ll follow the white rabbit down the Oregon hole a little more.. I suppose. lol

En route to the Deschutes now!
    never been. Wish me luck. 40mi away in The Dalles currently.