Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who knows anything about Rock Creek Lake?

Default Who knows anything about Rock Creek Lake?

Who can offer info on Rock creek Lake?
    50 years of driving by the turn off going to June Lake and now I'm thinking of giving it a try.
    Dragging a travel trailer and have a small boat along. We like to troll.
    Given the above, can anyone offer an insight to the lake?

theres cool camping spots ,where you can beach youre boat right next to it.i always did better near the outlet ,with small lures.........

Looked at it on GEarth and didn't see any camping spots occupied but that doesn't tell the whole story. Going to give it a try. Might even try something new- a 2 1/2" Gulp minnow 24" behind a 3" silver dodger. Never tried this rig but we'll see.

A number of camp sites along Rock Creek and a big one at the lake. Nice place to stay and fish

Try this, lots of nice folks on this site:

www.rockcreeklake.com

It's a beautiful area, and the hike up the Little Lakes Valley is probably one of the most scenic in the whole Sierra.

John

Tried the rockcreek site. Pretty nice BUT I tried 5 times to register and to no avail.
    It always pops back "An error has occurred"
    Anyone know how to contact the moderator and find out what's wrong?

I can't help you. Most of the time I log in here, I get an "invalid redirect" message, even though it logs me in anyway.

John

The Rock Creek lake website went down about 2 years ago...You can visit Rock Creek on facebook though
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/rockcreek/

I know one thing if you camp there be bear aware and vigilant! Very high incidents of bear intrusions. Back side of the lake, creek inlet, fly fishing can be excellent. Also very few actually fish the creek and fish will move up creek, small stretch but nice water.

I'm planning on bringing my 12 boat up there but I need to read the regs to see if small motors are allowed.
    We use it on June but no issues there. Also gotts review the regs for limits etc. Looks like a nice place to spend a few days with the trailer (small).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast