Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could Trump become President for Life?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Dark Shadow, I thought you were on the same side more or less as ETucker and me. If not, whose side are you on?
    NL,

I think the problem with this entire thing is the fact that you're apparently supposed "to take sides."

I have sided with many issues that the "right" has brought on, especially when it comes to the fiscal side.

I have sided with many issues that the "left" has brought on.

It isn't about choosing sides. It's about choosing your stances on the individual issues and reaching a compromise. The reason we're in this mess is because it seems you're apparently supposed to be partisan and choose a side, even though there may be negatives with the "side' that you are choosing.

It's not black and white.

When 'someone' on my side makes an asinine statement, I think it's duty on "our side" to call that guy out.

The part of this story to me that has legs. Is the part that we have 3 co-equal branches of government that is suppose to have checks & balances on each other. The Republican congress so far has not In my opinion, not checked Trump when he gets out of line.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-12-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    The Republican congress so far has not In my opinion, not checked Trump when he gets out of line.
    Oh, and here we go, and I promised I wasn't going to do this.

Etucker,

What power do you think "The Republican congress" has to "check" Trump?

I hope you're not even thinking of the "I" word.

(Although a part of me thinks you actually are.)

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Ok I captured this so no funny editing can occur to the post.

Etucker thinks this section is dead, so just kill it already!
    STFU seal. You know you cried at the end of Red Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Oh, and here we go, and I promised I wasn't going to do this.

Etucker,

What power do you think "The Republican congress" has to "check" Trump?

I hope you're not even thinking of the "I" word.

(Although a part of me thinks you actually are.)
    You know what I'd love to know? What all the Confederate flag-waving, gun-toting modern Patriots would do on response to such a Trump takeover. Probably baaaaah like the sheep they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    You know what I'd love to know? What all the Confederate flag-waving, gun-toting modern Patriots would do on response to such a Trump takeover. Probably baaaaah like the sheep they are.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...=circle%20jerk

Yes, in theory we aren't supposed to be taking sides arbitrarily, DS, but as long as I have followed this board, it seems to me that you have generally landed on the same side as me ;) and several others including Lady Quagga, ETucker, and Brent, to name a few. And in reality that is not surprising, because the lines have been drawn politically and are far from being arbitrary. One side it seems to me is interested in the greater good and social and economic progress and fariness, while the other side is interested in gaining and keeping power, self-enrichment and self-aggrandizement, to the detriment of the general welfare or society's progress or sense of fairness.

To put it more neutrally, both sides represent coherent world views which include interlinked sets of premises and conclusions. Accepting an idea from one side tends to lead to accepting other ideas from the same side, since they tend to follow logically from that sides' premises.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 06-12-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Yes, in theory we aren't supposed to be taking sides arbitrarily, DS, but as long as I have followed this board, it seems to me that you have generally landed on the same side as me ;) and several others including Lady Quagga, ETucker, and Brent, to name a few. And in reality that is not surprising, because the lines have been drawn politically and are far from being arbitrary. One side it seems to me is interested in the greater good and social and economic progress and fariness, while the other side is interested in gaining and keeping power, self-enrichment and self-aggrandizement, to the detriment of the general welfare or society's progress or sense of fairness.

To put it more neutrally, both sides represent coherent world views which include interlinked sets of premises and conclusions. Accepting an idea from one side tends to lead to accepting other ideas from the same side, since they tend to follow logically from that sides' premises.
    The problem with this response is that by far the majority of this country is in the middle but those 2 sides that are constantly bickering represent the polarized sides and not this country as a whole. You all are all so lost in your bickering that although in most cases the best solution for almost all problems is somewhere in the middle. If the left wasn't so infiltrated by extremist groups like the environmentalists and on the right they have the hardcore NRA insanity and others this country might actually be able to function again.

The most underrepresented group is probably the largest, the middle, and it's because most of us can't stand this debate crap, it's a complete waste of time and energy.

Ask yourself. When was the last president that did what he said he was going to do ?
    Do you like Apples ?

I hope it's not going to happen.

Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Just off the wire! Only 4% of the workers got a pay raise (not the 1 time bonus) from the Big Corporate Tax cut!!! Oh joy that was a big waste of 2 trillion dollars! What will the Republicans come up next to make everyone life easier!!! lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast