Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of baitfish or forage is there at Perris?

Default What type of baitfish or forage is there at Perris?

From what I gather there is Threadfin Shad, Silversides, Goby or Sculpin??? Also does anyone know if Perris gets any Trout plants??? If so, when was the last Trout plant?
    Last edited by Dr. MindBendo; 02-04-2021 at 07:06 PM.

No trout plants this year so far

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MindBendo View Post
    From what I gather is Threadfin shad, Silversides, goby or sculpin??? Also does anyone know if Perris gets any Trout plants??? If so, when was the last Trout plant?
    Threadfin Shad, Inland Silverside, Prickly Sculpin, Shimofuri/Chameleon Goby, Bigscale Logperch are all known species within Perris that could be considered "baitfish". However, Hitch, Sacramento Blackfish, American Shad and Tule Perch all exist in Silverwood where Perris receives its water so it is possible those species could exist within Perris also.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Threadfin Shad, Inland Silverside, Prickly Sculpin, Shimofuri/Chameleon Goby, Bigscale Logperch are all known species within Perris that could be considered "baitfish". However, Hitch, Sacramento Blackfish, American Shad and Tule Perch all exist in Silverwood where Perris receives its water so it is possible those species could exist within Perris also.
    GD, that's a smorgasbord! thanks kwin. What's your take on the striper population there at P?

Thank you Kwin. Exactly the info I was looking for. I didn't know what else to call the "baitfish" lol I'm basically trying to find out what the bass might be eating there.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    GD, that's a smorgasbord! thanks kwin. What's your take on the striper population there at P?
    the few that trickle in with the water from Silverwood grow much bigger and faster than all of the other lakes around here with stripers due to lack of competition amongst cohorts. #densitydependency

the few that trickle in with the water from Silverwood grow much bigger and faster than all of the other lakes around here with stripers due to lack of competition amongst cohorts. #densitydependency
    Thank you.

pretty cool stuff- love seeing the nice stripers occasionally caught at Perris and now they seem to be getting more prevalent in the local surf. I thought DV was going to turn into a crazy striper fishery a few years back, maybe the flatheads crushed too much bait?

Quote Originally Posted by bassnet View Post
    .... maybe the flatheads crushed too much bait?
    DVL fished well a decade ago. Been hearing from the locals that the bite has gotten tough as of late.

I wonder what could be the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    DVL fished well a decade ago. Been hearing from the locals that the bite has gotten tough as of late.

I wonder what could be the culprit.
    They didn't go anywhere, just got smaller and more numerous. #densitydependency

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast