Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 14' Aluminum Boat for sale... this does not look good....

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post
    Like I've been telling you guys they are a bunch of liars now and the info they were putting out was such bullshit because they knew die hard followers would believe them because of past history. Shame on you guys! Lied to everyone. If it smells like *****....it's sh*t! I have Been telling you this place will close by year end but all you followers kept throwing your money down into a mud bowl with stockings that were limited to hardly nothing. Don't believe the lies unfortunately $$$ ruins people especially those taking six figure salaries for years for doing hardly anything for the lake!!!

---Michael
    Apparently they felt telling us the truth in July would hurt their exit strategy of milking the last dollar out of the place. Shame on them for doing it that way. The article in WON say's the County people called the concessionaire "a bunch of wild cowboys." So don't expect any of them to be retained by the next group of people who get in there.

it might turn out for the best,,,
    lets see who gets it....

cm

I worked there from 1992-1997, back then we owned the concession for SARL and Corona too. Those were some good times. But working at Irvine was some of the best days. I always looked forward to work. Working with J.R. opening up the baitshop in the morning and keeping those coffee pots full for the guys in line. Listening to Frank yell and scream at people cause his hearing aid was off. Then helping Francis on the gate, who was always nice and happy. I can remember the noise of the gate opening and watching those cars roll in. Walking down to the dock and asking Santiago if the crappie were biting and which dock board they were located at. The lake regulars and hearing their stories. Priceless. I can still hear them now. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    So during this fiasco, there was talk of upgrading the boats to DVL style, trolling motors, electronics etc....
    That was the talk anyway.....
    And everyone who believed it.... Come on guys if you can't afford liability insurance how are you going to afford new boat upgrades! I've been telling al you guys this since the beginning of 2015!!
    ---Mike

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post
    And everyone who believed it.... Come on guys if you can't afford liability insurance how are you going to afford new boat upgrades! I've been telling al you guys this since the beginning of 2015!!
    ---Mike
    Beginning of 2015!!!!! Holy Guacamole!!! Do you have a crystal ball???? lol I'm just having fun with you, but what was your first post on the demise of Irvine lake. I want to go back and read it, just like when I'm totally bored out of my mind. I want to go back starting in July and read the posts after they discontinued private boat launching at Irvine lake. I want to see how many BOLD FACE lies were told and how many people believed it. lol

Have they officially announced the pending closing yet? I dont see it posted on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinkal View Post
    Have they officially announced the pending closing yet? I dont see it posted on their website.
    Are you kidding me! What business is going to tell you they are closing down in a few months. It's not like they are going to have a closing sale on fishing. Anyone with any business sense can figure it out however. No limit fishing on a business that makes money on Limited limit fishing! Come on guys!!! Who wants to spend time fishing a location and spend lots of money doing so only to find out all that on the water time and getting to know the fishing spots are all for nothing because it's going to close down!!! Think guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    I worked there from 1992-1997, back then we owned the concession for SARL and Corona too. Those were some good times. But working at Irvine was some of the best days. I always looked forward to work. Working with J.R. opening up the baitshop in the morning and keeping those coffee pots full for the guys in line. Listening to Frank yell and scream at people cause his hearing aid was off. Then helping Francis on the gate, who was always nice and happy. I can remember the noise of the gate opening and watching those cars roll in. Walking down to the dock and asking Santiago if the crappie were biting and which dock board they were located at. The lake regulars and hearing their stories. Priceless. I can still hear them now. Good times
    OSI wasn't the best influence on SARL but Irvine was fun for sure. Francis was so sweet, sure do miss her.

Etucker funny you say that bro. You commented on some of my posts back then on this same subject. But here's some for your reading pleasure.

New Years 2015... Dink reports all over no stocking info. Completely different from last few years. Something is wrong and I tell irvine lake management publicly that business will suffer. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...401#post753401

June 29, 2015. Irvine Lake Lied directly to my and buddies about stockings!!! http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...382#post766382

July 2015.... Reposted what I've been saying due to private boat use and lawsuit. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...427#post767427

And another http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...507#post767507

And that Catfishing 101 on TV and YouTube with Sergio and Angler Chronicles. What a piece of marketing crap that was. Only thing anyone learned from that 101 program was how to cook catfish after you caught it and that Irvine lake was the place to catch them. A few minutes was actually spent on the 101 points of fishing for catfish!!! You don't do one of those unless you are desperate in business.

---Mike

My kids and I had some of our most fun fishing trips at Lake Irvine.. They still talk about the 110 pound catfish stringer! What a great place.. sorry to see it go.. oh well.. Seems like everything good in SoCal goes away...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast