Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10/13/14 Skinner, some success

Default 10/13/14 Skinner, some success

Took a short break from the salt and headed out with Pat on Monday. In honor of Columbus, of course, he fished, right?
    Good day for me, I was happy (slow day for Pat's normal days, though). Had some fun getting a few stripers and lmb, mostly hit the banks with hard jerkbaits. None on my flukes, 2 small bass on the senko. Biggest striper for Pat was around 4#. Saw several bass in the weeds and what's left of the tullies that are in the water. Level still way down, 74 degrees. Cooler mornings coming...

Nice job, thx for the report. Glad it's cooling off but out here that can only last a week or less.

Good to have you along Darren. That water level is sure messing with the bite. No more double limits for a while. At least there were no skunks on our boat. Vince, the 10 day forecast shows sub 90's. I'll take that anytime.

Pat it was good to see you again on Monday. Darren did not know who you were and will make sure to make introductions next time seeing you. I was on the white bayliner type bass boat while you and Pat were trolling the South shore.

Yep, Pat mentioned that later. Nice to see faces with names...I'll be out there soon in my Dad's new bass boat (Flyin' Low - He is retired Air Force and airlines, bought a used '05 Champion 18'8, with a 200 Mercury Verado).

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Good to have you along Darren. That water level is sure messing with the bite. No more double limits for a while. At least there were no skunks on our boat. Vince, the 10 day forecast shows sub 90's. I'll take that anytime.
    Yea Pat I'd like to make it over the hill one of these days and fish, it's hard to even get to DV:) hope to cya out there soon, go slay em...