Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skunked on Saturday, nailed some sunday

Default Skunked on Saturday, nailed some sunday

My son caught a nice full tail trout. He caught 2 and I caught three.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG_20170312_190731_112.jpg 
Views:	960 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	49711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170312_204538_1.jpg 
Views:	905 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	49712

What lake is this?

Big bear lake

Nice Fish and thanks for sharing. The look on your boys face says it all. This time of year its best to head to the east end of the lake and start out close to shore. Go back and go east so you both can limit out,lol. Again thanks for sharing, jonesing for a BBL trip.

Nice catch guys! I also was skunked on the north shore saturday. Cameron, why is the east better this time of year? By east end do you mean juniper point or the east stanfield cutoff east dam?

Beeeeeautiful! Well done! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by sovietsky19 View Post
    Nice catch guys! I also was skunked on the north shore saturday. Cameron, why is the east better this time of year? By east end do you mean juniper point or the east stanfield cutoff east dam?
    Yes Juniper and what happens is the dissolved oxygen and water temps are perfect for the trout as the lake "flips". Stay away from creek inlets where they may be spawning as the warden is watching lol. One of the biggest fish I have seen caught there came out at Juniper 8ft from shore, theres a thread on it here. 8lb fulltail