Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Planning on fishing Santa Ana tomorrow Wednesday.

Default Planning on fishing Santa Ana tomorrow Wednesday.

Anyone know if it's worth it to fish Santa Ana tomorrow? Is the lake fished out by now ?

Give it a shot! There was weather for much of the busy period last week so there should be a bunch of fish still there and hungry.

Yes. You should go. Light LEADER line, 0.18mm to 0.11mm (this is important). Cast one line extremely shallow 8 to 15ft out. Then second one farther. Or second rod with worm under a bobber. Size 16-18 treble hook(if you are using powerbait, powerball or micetails). Size 10-12 mosquito hooks if you are using trout worms. YOU WILL NOT....(SHOULD NOT).... GET SKUNKED. Not saying that this is the ONLY way to catch trout there. But I haven't been skunked yet fishing like this there. Hopefully someone else that does good there will chime in with their tactics. Because at those entry prices, you don't want to leave there empty handed. I haven't limited every time either, but you should be good for SOMETHING. Move around if you haven't gotten a HIT by 8 to 9 am. I don't know your experience level. You may be a waaaaay better trout fisherman than me. Just saying, If you stay true to the basics, you SHOULD do good there. Helps to have a bottle of SMELLY JELLY with you.

Default Sarl

Pretty sound advice for SARL!
    Good job Dores34!

gotta love this...

gotta love this...