Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hows the big fish bite on Swimbaits lately?

I can tell you that all the free or paid advise or internet lurking nor the latest and greatest gear will not put you on fish consistently. Only time spent (a lot of time) on the water and making mental notes to yourself on what works today and more importantly why it works will guarantee success. The guys that consistently catch fish have paid their dues through many years of hard work and diligence. Every day on the water (good or bad) is a lesson that needs to be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I can tell you that all the free or paid advise or internet lurking nor the latest and greatest gear will not put you on fish consistently. Only time spent (a lot of time) on the water and making mental notes to yourself on what works today and more importantly why it works will guarantee success. The guys that consistently catch fish have paid their dues through many years of hard work and diligence. Every day on the water (good or bad) is a lesson that needs to be remembered.
    On practically every picture I see on Instagram or facebook or any social media there is always at least one or two guys that ask what lake or if it says the lake they caught the fish at the guys ask where on the lake they caught the fish.

A month or two ago I posted a report of catching a couple schoolies at the wood and I got 3 PMs asking where I was fishing. One of the guys had one post and another guy had 4 posts. I just didn't respond to them

Amen and stuff!

AMEN....

Years is key.. paying attention to seasonal patterns, behavior, and condituons year in and year out will point you toward success before you leave the door

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    AMEN....

Years is key.. paying attention to seasonal patterns, behavior, and condituons year in and year out will point you toward success before you leave the door
    Triple Amen! The wood ain't that easy. You gotta learn patterns. Most probably your gonna struggle. Most people we see say that they got nothing.

Like Cb said! You have to work with past experience and patterns to put your own style together to make it happen.

Every single lake Castaic pyramid DVL the wood all have big stripers much bigger then mine that you can catch. Don't run to the wood thinking it's best lake because truthfully it's not! I love all these lakes and all have toads. Just put time in is key!! God knows I deserve that fish and more for the time I have put in.

Fish of a thousand casts, X 100.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123