Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: any producing ponds right now

Default any producing ponds right now

Laguna lake has been getting pretty pressured lately and the bite has stopped, just wondering if any ponds have been producing

Guessing that any local "ponds" will have suffered the same fate. When there are finite fish and infinite fishermen....well, you know. Can you travel to Jenks Lake, Big Bear or one of the mountain waters. They seem to be producing fish on a regular basis. Right now Crowley is pretty much off the hook even from shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    Laguna lake has been getting pretty pressured lately and the bite has stopped, just wondering if any ponds have been producing
    Ponds are like little secrets. No one is usually going to tell you the answer, but you need to figure it out yourself. I'm guessing your a Bass fishermen. If you were a Cat fishermen, what do you have to trade??? lol All kidding aside, if you fish Laguna Lake in Fullerton there is plenty of other ponds near by that have good Bass fishing. With out burning any ones lake in particular, think about what you got near by. Carbon Canyon, Tri City, Clark and La Mirada lake. Between those 4 lakes, you should be able to come up with something!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-16-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Legg Lake is kicking out bluegill pretty consistently nothing big,a very limited number of bass for the guys who know how and where to get em. Even saw a small crappie last week.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Ponds are like little secrets. No one is usually going to tell you the answer, but you need to figure it out yourself. I'm guessing your a Bass fishermen. If you were a Cat fishermen, what do you have to trade??? lol All kidding aside, if you fish Laguna Lake in Fullerton there is plenty of other ponds near by that have good Bass fishing. With out burning any ones lake in particular, think about what you got near by. Carbon Canyon, Tri City, Clark and La Mirada lake. Between those 4 lakes, you should be able to come up with something!!! lol
    exactly was I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_sos View Post
    exactly was I was thinking
    Let me give you a little more info. (it's general) Every Tom Dick and Harry knows about the Bass in Clark. So those Bass have probable seen what everybody thinks they will bite on. Be different if you fish there!!! Go at night when it's harder for the Bass to exactly figure out what just went by them. Every Bass pro thinks if you get there when they first open, that's the way to go. (I could tell you story's) But Seal would probably have an Arianism!!!! lol

La Mirada get's a lot less pressure, so some thing basic might actually work there. Like D/S ing or an Ika (you don't have to go at night)

Laguna lake comes into form and goes out of form very quickly. So it may not be a total lost cause for very long.

Carbon Canyon get's very little pressure but I've seen some nice pictures of some Bass caught recently.

I haven't fished Tri City enough to get a pulse on that place. Good Luck and I hope you catch a Big one!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-18-2017 at 06:29 AM.