Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Cerritos Regional County Park?

Jhernandez25, I am pretty sure you can fish all night on your boat if you pay the 24 hour fishing fee. I know the have 24 hour boat rentals. I am down for meeting a new fishing buddy. I will send you a PM with my phone number. Anyone else fishing SARL Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    JustJames I have been trying to hit up Lake Perris but since i usually fish alone am weary about launching the boat in other Lakes, (still new to the boating world).
    Me too pretty new on boating, just got my small aluminum boat a couple months back. Im trying to avoid lunching boat on weekend where launch ramp is pretty busy. Perris on weekday is not bad at all not so many boater, I can get my boat in the water within less than 15 mins. The only hard part for me is too back up boat and trailer onto launch ramp.

If you only have time on weekend, I recommended private lake where you have to pay for fish where also not many bass boat go there. Lake henshaw in Sandiago area is not bad at all, a lot of carp, catfish some bass and supposely crappie. Last time I drifted fishing there got 4 cats 1 crappie lost one of the biggest cat.

Default Orange County Parks

Quote Originally Posted by crespoh69 View Post
    Hey guys, I've purchased a fishing license each year for the past 4 or so years and have yet to catch ANY fish on any of my ventures. It's getting to the point to where I'm rethinking purchasing again next year. This has mostly been ocean fishing on piers and rocks with some freshwater fishing here and there.

This weekend I'm hoping to go out to CRCP on bloomfield since I hear they stock up twice a month and I believe they have catfish in the summer.

I've purchased some powerbait and some Gulp nightcrawlers to try out this weekend. Is there anything anyone can recommend or can you suggest another location I could try instead?
    Sorry for the tough luck, google oc parks fish stocking schedule and you will find some nice areas to catch catfish.

So who's going to Santa Ana tonight?

No more private boat launching at SARL!

Quote Originally Posted by crespoh69 View Post
    Hey guys, I've purchased a fishing license each year for the past 4 or so years and have yet to catch ANY fish on any of my ventures. It's getting to the point to where I'm rethinking purchasing again next year. This has mostly been ocean fishing on piers and rocks with some freshwater fishing here and there.

This weekend I'm hoping to go out to CRCP on bloomfield since I hear they stock up twice a month and I believe they have catfish in the summer.

I've purchased some powerbait and some Gulp nightcrawlers to try out this weekend. Is there anything anyone can recommend or can you suggest another location I could try instead?
    If it's any consolation, you can forego buying the license and still fish on public piers free of cost.

At SARL by Casa Leaders Furniture. Not bites in last hour! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    If it's any consolation, you can forego buying the license and still fish on public piers free of cost.
    Are you serious? I want aware of this!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
    I feel your pain man, been there done that and in the same area as well. Cerritos is small lake, I caught a few bass and few cats there but most of the time nada. You have to venture out of your area a little bit, there is Huntington central park lake, good when they stock trout. Also a couple more lake in that area, one in edinger and one on McFadden. For ocean, there is sealbeach jetti where plenty of halibut there or even long beach dock pass queen marry where you can catch fresh makeral for catfish bait.

Im not sure if thing change much down there since it has been 10 years I moved to IE area. Good luck to you man and if you ever come to lake perris area hit me up I might take you on a lake on my boat to get skunk together hahaha.

*** one more to add *** check out performance tackle shop on katella and bloomfield if they are still in business. At this time of year the shop will offer some ticket for private charter boat for customers. A little bit expensive but limited passenger so you have more time to fish and more fun talking with others.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll have to do a bit more recon in my area

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

"Free fishing in California on public piers is a sport that is easy to get hooked on. Not only is ocean and bay pier fishing free in California (does not include piers on inland waterways), children under the age of 16 generally do not need a fishing license to fish from lakes and in the ocean directly. Over the age of 16, anglers do require a license to fish if they are standing on a shoreline, riding in a boat, or casting line from a jetty not considered a public pier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast