Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Wed. 7/9 at the Mid

Default Wed. 7/9 at the Mid

After struggling for a while now with the conditions at the pit (aka Castaic) took the day off and went to Pyramid for the first time since winter. First boat in a very short line and it was so nice to launch into a lake with a normal water level for a change. Water temp was 76 and the lake looked beautiful as ever.

Started with some trolling and within 3 minutes both rigs were buried in the weeds. Dug them out, cleaned them off and started again. Within a few minutes got the skunk removed with a typical Pyramid 11” dink. Trolled for a while longer but there was so much salad in the water that every time I checked the rigs I was streaming grass.

As I trolled around I saw the dinks boiling in small packs all over the place. They were only dinks but it was so nice to see boils. Tried a micro-mini KPN and a Sammy but I think they were too big and only got a swirl. Switched to flukes and started to get hit every time I could get close enough to reach them.

They were pushing the schools of shad steadily across the lake in a wave.

The boiling patches lasted for about an hour and I pulled in 4 or 5 of the dinks and did a lot of chasing with the trolling motor. It was fun. Only one other boat was fishing in that area the whole time.
    Went back to trolling but the floating grass and weeds were on my rigs every time I checked so it was time to try some bait. I saw a spot with some nice marks when I was trolling around and anchored there. Never fished there before but weekdays are a good time to experiment.

Jet skis showed up around 9, the wind showed up around 10 with whitecaps and the boats pulling kids on rafts started around 11 but the weekday volume was all manageable. Would definitely not try this on a weekend.

A night crawler “volunteered” to be first one down and it didn’t take too long before the rod went bendo and it had some weight behind it. Landed a nice 2 ˝ to 3 lb. striper and into the cooler he went.
    Stayed in that spot all day getting regular bites with sardines, lugworms and crawlers. Good action but not wide open. Picked up 5 more of the 2 ˝ to3 lb. ones mostly on sardines and about 10 of the 11-12” small ones. Also broke the leader 3 times bringing in a fish.

The bite seems to be slow for this time of year at a lot of the lakes around so I was very happy to have these results. Sure beats working!

Congrats on the catching Jim, but aren't you supposed to be keeping all info for official TLTLC members only?

Sounds like a great day! I'd be happy with the boiling dink action, but WTG filling out the limit with the larger fish on the bait bite...

GOOD JOB JIM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GET IT RIGHT RON,,,,,,,,,L-T-L-C,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    GOOD JOB JIM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GET IT RIGHT RON,,,,,,,,,L-T-L-C,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,
    Thanks Bob, I reaaly enjoyed my day but I guess I'd better stop posting or they'll kick me out of the LTLC club. lol

TLTLC just rolls off the tongue!

The Local Tight Lipped Crew!

Good job Jim, nice to see a successful Striper report

WTG BASSFAN Love those MID reports,,,THANK YOU

TRAIL BLAZER