Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How do you feel about ultrapoint hook technology?

Default How do you feel about ultrapoint hook technology?

How do you feel about Ultrapoint Hook Technology by Mustad? Do you know of any comparables?

Quote Originally Posted by bassguycali View Post
    How do you feel about Ultrapoint Hook Technology by Mustad?
    A bit apprehensive, but at the same time a feeling of yielding indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by bassguycali View Post
    Do you know of any comparables?
    As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Until my current selection in hook manufacturer starts creating problems, I don't think I'll switch up to something else. The 3 companies I use generally have all the bases covered, and I haven't had a any problems with them. (Those 3 being Decoy, Gamakatsu and Owner)

I share the same sentiments as DS. I use Gamakatsu and Ower almost exclusively with great results. I will say that Mustads new hooks are better than their old ones. Better than the rest? well that's yet to be proven. Trokar is probably the best IMO but are hard for me to find in store and more expensive. I do buy Mustads treble hooks to replace my worn crankbait hooks but I don't see a noticeable improvement after, most hard baits you buy come with Mustad hooks anyway.