Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Inspira 5K For 11ft Rockaway SP Rod w/Gomexus Power Knob!

Default Inspira 5K For 11ft Rockaway SP Rod w/Gomexus Power Knob!

Just Spooled on 300yd of 10lb Soft Steel Monofilament Line!

If you're looking for a serious lightweight spinning rig that can handle most types of shoreline fish from salt to fresh you may want to take a peek at what i just put together. I plan on using this for shoreline saltwater spin casting off Hawaii from the shorelines for primarily Papi'o (Jacks). Also Kaku (Barracuda) & O'io (Bonefish).

When you actually pick-up the finished rig you'd expect it to weigh more! The guides were arranged more for braid & light mono usage. To complete the package i use a pair of Fishing Butlers to keep the 2 rod pieces together during transport & a cloth drawstring Seagrams bag over the reel to prevent scratches. Rod comes in M & ML at 8'6". The 10 & 11ft models are both M+.

The 38mm Gomexus Power Knob matches the colors of the Inspira reel. Most 10lb lines will snap if i cinch a knot down extremely hard. Soft Steel doesn't like some other brands i've used (and the line diameter is thinner then most). This results in high line storage. My other Inspira 4K has braided line so this was a good choice i feel.

I used a Fish-On Spooler for all my fishing reels for many years now. If i can work it, anyone can. I like that the reel gets screwed-in from the bottom up rather than the top downwards. The total weight feels so light for a 11ft spinning rig using a 5K sized reel. Before i put this rig together i envisioned in my minds eye what it should encompass in weight, reliability & looks. Look at that "minimum" flexing in the vid. Thanks to the thin carbon rod blank.

https://youtu.be/uzoUQblyW1Y
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Spooled Inspira copy.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	54295