Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Massacre

Default Las Vegas Massacre

I'd like to acknowledge all you rednecks for failing to mention the redneck who shot up a bunch of rednecks. It's good to know that in my absence I could count on you to keep GenDis topical and relevant.

1 homicidal recluse
    58 people murdered
    530 more injured
    not one peep from anyone here

(shaking my head)

The victims of the Las Vegas shooting:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-veg...es-latest-list

(Courtesy CBSNews)

Go away Troll, no one is condoning the actions of this monster. How about all the killings in Chicago on a weekly basis and hundreds to date and yes urban warrior on urban warrior violence! :-) Not a peep from you on that one either

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I'd like to acknowledge all you rednecks for failing to mention the redneck who shot up a bunch of rednecks. It's good to know that in my absence I could count on you to keep GenDis topical and relevant.

1 homicidal recluse
    58 people murdered
    530 more injured
    not one peep from anyone here

(shaking my head)

Quote Originally Posted by steelplatehead View Post
    Go away Troll, no one is condoning the actions of this monster. How about all the killings in Chicago on a weekly basis and hundreds to date and yes urban warrior on urban warrior violence! :-) Not a peep from you on that one either
    Bite me, steelplatehead. I don't recall accusing anyone of condoning this massacre.

I've addressed the subjects of gun rights and gun violence before - if racist illiterate schmucks like you bothered to peruse the board, you'd realize the falsity of your statement.

Of course, it hardly surprises me that you tried to make a "Vegas vs Chicago" comparison - a lot like the current Idiot-in-Chief and his recent "Maria vs Katrina" casualty comparison.

I see it didn't take long for the administration to roll out The Cryptkeeper and put a "Thanks Obama!" spin on this.

She even tried to insert some Clinton/Sanders hate into the mix. Nothing like trivializing a tragedy in order to advance your own anti-Russia-investigation agenda.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...ump-newday.cnn

Luckily, the CNN anchors are maintaining a strict regimen of methamphetamines in order to stay sharp.

One of the victims, Angie Gomez, was a 20 year old nursing student at the school where I teach, and I teach a lot of nursing students. I am still upset about her and all the other victims.

We still don't know Stephen Paddock's motives, but we do know that with better gun control laws, we can reduce the homicide rate; yet, GOP Congress people only seem to want fewer gun regulations, while the large majority of Americans want more gun regulation.

By the way, I have known several people during my lifetime who have died of gunfire. The most recent one was in fact one of my female students, about 10 years ago at an ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    But we do know that with better gun control laws, we can reduce the homicide rate.
    I really would wish this statement was true.

I just find it interesting, especially with this case, that someone can be far from a blip on the radar, and amass this type of arsenal without one red flag going off.

How would gun control solve this issue? We already have way too many individuals who have amassed firepower and ammunition legally who are 2 fries short of a Happy Meal.

But the NRA says our 2nd Amendment rights need to be upheld.

I'm sure Quagga would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I really would wish this statement was true.

I just find it interesting, especially with this case, that someone can be far from a blip on the radar, and amass this type of arsenal without one red flag going off.

How would gun control solve this issue? We already have way too many individuals who have amassed firepower and ammunition legally who are 2 fries short of a Happy Meal.

But the NRA says our 2nd Amendment rights need to be upheld.

I'm sure Quagga would disagree.
    DS and I discussed this previously, and I made the case that this guy had every means available to him to take out many more people with an IED (such as a vest). It may have lacked the "Blaze o' Glory" factor, but it was certainly within his emotional/financial capacity. I really would like to know what drove him to commit this atrocity - only time will tell as the investigation unfolds.

Having said that, I support reasonable gun control regulation. "Bump stock" has become the new catchphrase (and scapegoat); nevertheless, I would have no problem with their outright ban. Let's not bullsh*t each other - they were designed specifically to circumvent Title II restrictions of the National Firearms Act. So, beyond this specific ban......

......what is the threshold? At what point do we say, "No, it's not okay for you own this or that," or "No, you lack the mental and emotional capacity to own this or that"? And once we agree to such standards, once we strike up a balance between the public interest and individual rights, what's to prevent either side from moving the goalpost to further their own cause?

The predictable calling card of bullet point reading democrats, when a valid point is made the response is ....nothing intelligible of substance but will resort to calling the other person racist. You are a troll and the way you type I would hardly consider you a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Bite me, steelplatehead. I don't recall accusing anyone of condoning this massacre.

I've addressed the subjects of gun rights and gun violence before - if racist illiterate schmucks like you bothered to peruse the board, you'd realize the falsity of your statement.

Of course, it hardly surprises me that you tried to make a "Vegas vs Chicago" comparison - a lot like the current Idiot-in-Chief and his recent "Maria vs Katrina" casualty comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by steelplatehead View Post
    The predictable calling card of bullet point reading democrats, when a valid point is made the response is ....nothing intelligible of substance but will resort to calling the other person racist. You are a troll and the way you type I would hardly consider you a lady.
    If dealing with the invalid falsehoods and idiot-comparisons made by racist illiterate schmucks like you is "predictable", then so be it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast