Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
Thank you for posting your Jess Ranch trip. I too was there that day, but it's hard to post they didn't stock and we didn't get a bit all day long. lol In reality, I am not a good all around fishermen. I can do certain things very well, but there are other things I just suck at!!! (throwing plastic from the shore for trout is one) I will write up our SARL trip this Friday good or bad. Also my pond catfish trip this weekend to Miles square park. (kids catfish derby)
I also could NOT throw any plastic from the shore, a boat, or float tube. And then...AND THEN (drum roll please) I borrowed my friends "way-overpriced" GLoomis 6.5' UL rod with 2lb test and, all of a sudden, any plastic I tried worked perfectly. I bit the bullet and bought one, then tried it in a float tube at North Lake. Ohhhhhhh yeah!!!!! Released all the fish but got over 30. Still pricey though so i got a custom made 7.5' rod (with a Phoenix blank) from Mujica for $150 two years that helps getting some distance from the shore and its my go-to rod from the shore with great action on plastics.