Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Mirada lake

Default LA Mirada lake

I haven't been in a couple years was wondering if it was still stocked with trout.Is there any bass still in there.

Quote Originally Posted by canusmellwhat i'mhookin View Post
    I haven't been in a couple years was wondering if it was still stocked with trout.Is there any bass still in there.
    You know they claim they still stock trout in there!!! However, every week they claimed to put trout in there nobody showed up. As for the Bass, it was rebounding pretty good till a one man wrecking crew showed up last year. He fished the lake twice a day every day for Bass and kept quite a few of them. I haven't seen him this year so maybe he caught all the Bass and moved on to another lake!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-07-2016 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You know they claim they still stock trout in there!!! However, every week they claimed to put trout in there nobody showed up. As for the Bass, it was rebounding pretty good till a one man wrecking crew showed up last year. He fished the lake twice a day every day for Bass and kept quite a few of them. I haven't seen him this year so maybe he caught all the Bass and moved on to another lake!!!! lol
    Was he Asian? Those damn Asians take everything! Except for me, I don't count as one of those Asians since I'm special. I don't fish for largemouth bass very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Was he Asian? Those damn Asians take everything! Except for me, I don't count as one of those Asians since I'm special. I don't fish for largemouth bass very much.
    No he wasn't!!! I don't want to play the race card but he should have been fishing for the put and take fish!!!!

Sorry to hear such devastating news I hope the lake makes a comeback

No he wasn't!!! I don't want to play the race card but he should have been fishing for the put and take fish!!!!

Everyone seems to get all bent every time someone makes a joke,

it's getting old.

Lets stick to fishing reports, a few laughs and the occasional agreeing to disagree.
    I think that would be a good manifesto for the site.

I didn't want to say anything about the guy's race because that's not how I roll!!! But it was very ironic, fall before last the La Mirada lake catfish bite was off the hook for 3 straight months. I caught 3-6 on the average every trip with an occasional double digit session and missed at least that many bites every time I went. Since the lake is only 5 minutes from my house I was going 3-5 times a week. So I would see the same guy fish every morning and every evening for Bass. Even when I didn't fish the lake I would still see him there fishing because I drive by the lake every day in my wandering through the city. Of course he would see me catch these catfish every trip and not once did he put down his bass pole and throw a catfish line out there. Here is the un stereotypical part about him, "he was black." That's why when I hear people talk racialy about groups of people it's all just BUNK!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-08-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canusmellwhat i'mhookin View Post
    Sorry to hear such devastating news I hope the lake makes a comeback
    Fortunately I have high hopes for the Bass fishing to pick up again. A few years ago the DFG did some shocking in the lake and took 10 large Bass out to study them. I thought great that's 15-20% of the Adult Bass population in there and now there gone. Fortunately the Bucket Biologist quickly restocked the lake with some nice Bass. (it an easy lake to do that at) So for the next 2 years the Bass fishing was really good in there. (till the 1 man wrecking crew showed up) I saw him take several Bass a month out of there for quite awhile. So who knows what's left in there now. Another good thing is the reduced trout stockings in there!!!! Why????? No big flock of cormorants in there eating the trout and then switching over to the Bass & Bluegill. So I do have hope again for the lake!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-08-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Does the lake actually have a decent blue gill bite and can you fish after dark at the lake? Thanks

lol I'm just pulling your leg. It's always a shame that guys will keep their supposed limit of fish and leave a fishery in shambles only to later repeat the process at another area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast