Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article 1 section 25

Quote Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
    It was a commercial public dock in lbc...lol we found out there was acruelly a sign that said "no fishing in the marina" after we got ticketed...the sign was posted nowhere near the entrance of the dock. There were also no signs at the dock where we were fishing at that said "no fishing" so we thought we were good to go until a few hours later a cop came down. I was stopped by harbor patrol last year at the same location but did not receive a ticket.
    Someone has to ask this question. What did the harbor patrol tell you last year when they stopped you?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Someone has to ask this question. What did the harbor patrol tell you last year when they stopped you?

The harbor patrol said that they don't mind us fishing as long as we are licensed, do not have drugs or drinking..they did not say we are allow to fish there or not. They pulled up on a boat search us and then they were on out. These guys were the older cops but the younger cop that stopped me came from a car and straight up wrote me up without checking anything or even asking questions lol. I am a law abiding citizen...if that sign was not posted at a sneaky spot away from the dock then we would of seen it and not fish there but going down to the dock there was "no fishing signs" or "no trespassing" signs at all. Lol after we got ticketed we asked him where is the sign that said "no fishing" and his reply was that he does not want to show us cause it was "too far away." Lol anyways I am figthing it and if I don't win the ticket will be about 200 bucks.

sux...sounds like the port of la/san pedro docks where commercial boats can tie to.... ; what about those concrete jungles as videos posted....??? fine lines as its ok to be in a tube/kayak/or miniboat but u cant fish stepping on the dock?? every breakwall is different as well ..... mdr u can boat fish either side of main channel .. king harbor u cant boat between main pier and middle jetty, habor patrol gonna give u stink eye and chase u outta there. ...; Cabrillo I was told cant boat fish inner wall???? I wonder wat Nph laws are????

try fighting it atleast and see if officer shows up...

Cop is a jerk

Case closed...court says defendent is found not guilty =)

6. Default

Congrats! Glad it worked out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12