Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Deps 175 Slide swimmer Butch Brown stoker trout

I second the xxx comment.

And braid having no stretch takes a toll on the gears in your reel When you set the hook

Thats a lot of great info!! does anybody want to buy the deps 175 now ?? cheack out the video on the FNN home page

Thanks guys for all the good info. I'll load it up with 20# xxx and give it a shot.

with the 175 don't be afraid to go down to 15# that bait sinks slow enough as is and the thicker line barely makes it sink.... maybe give heavier rings a hooks a shot too helps that bait a lot

You can fish spectra, but heavy spectra. I'll use minimum 65 lb spectra, but generally 80. Easier to cast, but if I backlash on a cast, I know it won't snap. But I only use spectra for top water/wakebaits.

Awesome, thanks again gogreeenz4

Lazyfisherman, I usually fish 65# but decided to go down to 50#, and It wasn't a backlash snap, it was a full swing and gone before I could even release my thumb.
    I'm thinking because the previous cast the line fouled on the hook during retrieve and I swung for the sky thinking something grabbed it as I felt weight. My theory is on that swing to the sky, the line caught/rubbed on the barb, thus partially cutting the line
    Last edited by Fishbones; 12-18-2014 at 07:53 PM.

What knot is everyone tying with braid? I switched to braid, 65#, for top water swimbaits, straight braid, no topshot. I use a 6 turn uni. I was using this 65# on a 200 size round reel on a Dobyns 795. Last weekend I took the same reel with the 65# braid, again no top shot, and put it on my 806 and threw Hudds all day and thought it was great.

I use the RP knott or Royal Polaris knot. It's like a reversed Albright, but easier. I usually break the mono or fluoro in a snagg before the knott. I can't remember a failure. People have their favorites. This is mine. Nice and small to go through the guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    ∆∆∆ I did this, not the monster either...
    The 40th cast.. Snap.. 50# new braid and watched it sail off in to the horizon, cried for a few minutes in shock then hauled butt and train smoked all the way to SavOn tackle and got two more. $119.00 ea. Yupp..
    This is exactly how it happened

How To Cast $200 Into The Lake...: http://youtu.be/XI8XF18GfSQ

And it sucked!!!
    Last edited by Fishbones; 12-28-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast