Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: striper hunting tips at the wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Does anybody want to answer the original posters questions instead of hijacking his thread? Geez.
    Sure I could but he needs to narrow his question down a bit. From boat or shore? Bait fisherman or lures? Searching for schoolies or is he after the swimbait bite (don't expect much advise on this one just cast)?

In general the school size fish are slowing down but are still hitting both topwater and small lures, yes what sealclubber said is true the bait is still on the small side, certainly more silversides than shad (he did give an answer by the way). All the usual spots are still the usual spots, the dam, chemise, twin coves, cleghorn and miller all putting out (miller is still a bit choked with weeds but that should change with the incoming water, yes creeks are running).

If he is looking for A rig type fish I'll defer to the raker's expertise all I know is I hear frogs seem to be the hot ticket.

When general questions like this are posed they are extremely difficult to answer, narrowing it down helps a bit that is the only reason I didn't answer and I think more didn't answer. Being that it's mid December his window of opportunity at Silverwood is closing fast although this year the topwater bite has gone on longer than most years with schoolies still doing their thing just before dark and into the dark.

New gig snowsurfboard3? I never pictured you as a thread cop type.
    Last edited by seal; 12-15-2014 at 05:32 AM.

Does anybody want to answer the original posters questions instead of hijacking his thread? Geez.
    Awe just when we wondered where you and your crying went.. good to see ya back

Quote Originally Posted by sealclubber View Post
    Aww come on now...i threw a tip out there And it is true....stripey all migrated up the duct toward the 15 where all the tourists stop and feed them fries from in n out.
    Fish with French Fries then! This is easy!

No!
    Last edited by fishinone; 12-15-2014 at 09:23 AM.

does it snow at Silverwood?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    does it snow at Silverwood?
    Yes many years I've hiked back into spots near knee deep in snow.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Awe just when we wondered where you and your crying went.. good to see ya back
    Miss you too buddy

What's a good set up for flukes and paddletails?

Scrounger heads or darter heads. If you are talking about rod, reel and line combo I throw them with spinning gear 6-8lbs test, it is possible you will get into a bigger fish but most will be school size and easy to handle on lighter gear, makes it more fun. Also with bait being small an extremely effective rig can be a water bubble, long leader and a mini fluke or similar bait on a crappie jig head, very slow retrieve with pops on the rod.

Easy stuff to rig and very effective.

Awesome. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12